Author Topic: Al @ tho  (Read 4096 times)

Offline copperheadcalls

• New Forum Member
Al @ tho
« on: May 04, 2016, 03:14:45 PM »
Al, would it be much of a problem to see a picture of the insides of your Old Style Bonkers?
Those are the coolest looking calls I've seen. :thanks:

Robert

Offline Al_at_THO Game Calls

• Owner, THO Game Calls Forums & Store
  • Administrator
  • New Forum Member
Re: Al @ tho
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2016, 08:19:34 AM »
Well, the only ones I have left are a couple that I hunt with...and they are beat up LOL

The long mouth piece is tapered inside, it looks like a trumpet.

The short round barrel is just a 1/2" straight bore.   

The reed is seated at the bottom of the long mouth piece. 

I'll see if I can break out the camera and get you a photo as soon as I can.   Really not much to them.   

In case you were wondering why they are called "Bonkers", it's because I used to hunt with this guy who could not sit still.   Never.   And he could not keep quiet.   And he could not shoot.....

So.......I needed something I could use to "reinforce" the above to him.   So I turned these calls with a long mouth piece that I could use as a "handle" and  "bonk" that SOB on the head every time he started doing stupid stuff on a stand.   Hence the name, "Bonkers"....  true story...

AL @ THO

Offline James Strickland

• Administrator
  • New Forum Member
    • Bayou Legacy Game Calls
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2016, 09:38:52 AM »
In case you were wondering why they are called "Bonkers", it's because I used to hunt with this guy who could not sit still.   Never.   And he could not keep quiet.   And he could not shoot.....

So.......I needed something I could use to "reinforce" the above to him.   So I turned these calls with a long mouth piece that I could use as a "handle" and  "bonk" that SOB on the head every time he started doing stupid stuff on a stand.   Hence the name, "Bonkers"....  true story...

That's funny right there!! 

Offline copperheadcalls

• New Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2016, 01:35:42 PM »
Awesome....thanks