Author Topic: Making Time  (Read 1707 times)

Offline Gouldman

• New Forum Member
  • Goulds Custom Calls & Custom Bands
    • Gould's Custom Calls
Making Time
« on: March 16, 2016, 04:34:55 PM »
Found this interesting, one I need to implement in several facets of my life call making being one.
The sentence I highlighted has been me over the years, analyzing to the point of not moving forward on a certain projects, instead of jumping in and giving it a go. 

Written by Ron Brown

All of these adages have been around for a long time for one simple reason, they are true. The trick is to give enough consideration to a task, decision or project so you make wise decisions, but not so much analysis that you never actually begin. I would like to offer a time proven formula to help you get moving after an appropriate amount of thoughtfulness. We all get bogged down with life’s demands, work, family, community, etc. and many of those time commitments are fixed and cannot be adjusted. God gives each of us 24 hours each day; how we spend it is largely up to us. What I am addressing here is how we can accomplish the things we really want to do.

The methodology described below has been taught in business classes, corporations and churches for as long as I can remember. The one below was offered in a course Sweet Janice and I recently completed. You are never too old to learn something new, or at least be reminded of what you already knew.

S.M.A.R.T.
 Definition
 Example

S - Specific
 A SMART goal should be documented and expressed clearly and simply
 I want to make and contribute spinning tops to my turning club's Toys for Kids program this year.

M - Measurable
 A SMART goal should be measurable in terms of quantity, quality or time
 I will finish by Dec. 1st.

A - Achievable
 A SMART goal should be "out of reach but within sight." You can reasonably achieve it through wisdom and faith
 Although I would like to make 1,000 tops, I can commit to 200 tops

R - Realistic
 A SMART goal should be realistic given all your other commitments and responsibilities
 I will find 1 hour each day to work on this project. I am a morning person so I'll arise 1 hour early each day until I reach my goal.

T - Time Framed
 A SMART goal should have a timeframe or date by which you will achieve the goal
 My pace is 4 tops each hour so I will need 50 hours to complete this task. I must begin not later than October 1st. If I begin September 1st I will have some wiggle room and still meet my goal.

Of all the things I've lost while call making...its my mind I miss the most.
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says is never accurate because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.

B Hoover

Re: Making Time
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2016, 04:55:31 PM »
 :bigup:  Great write-up!  Thanks for putting it on here.

Offline Mann Lock @ Hollow Wing Calls

• New Forum Member
Re: Making Time
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2016, 05:04:10 PM »
Very good points.....  I try to adhere to this but it seems I always have trouble with the T part and rush in the end.