Author Topic: Here to help  (Read 7856 times)

Offline stumpjumper

• New Forum Member
    • RM Custom Calls
Here to help
« on: September 14, 2014, 10:40:58 PM »
Al was kind enough to set this section up for anyone that is interested in contest calling, whether it being you, a caller running your calls, contest structure, how this all works etc.  I will do my best to give honest feedback and provide information to anyone interested.  Be it mainstreet, meat or live let me know what you need

Ill post up a link tomorrow that will provide a listing to most contests across the country and Canada.

Stump
www.rmcustomcalls.com

Only 2 defining forces have ever offered to die for you....Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.
One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Offline VECtor Calls

• Global Mentor & Moderator
  • New Forum Member
  • VECtor Custom Calls
    • VECtor Custom Calls
Re: Here to help
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2014, 10:45:48 PM »
Good stuff Stump. Thanks for offering the help!
Pass on the tradition. A candle loses nothing by lighting another candle.

VECtor Custom Calls
Deer Grunt Calls Turkey Calls and Other Custom Game Calls

Offline J.Rode

• New Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2014, 02:17:53 PM »
Stump, gotta question for you, what is major difference in live duck vs. meat calling?  I know next to nothing about contest so thanks for any help.

Thanks

Jason

Offline stumpjumper

• New Forum Member
    • RM Custom Calls
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2014, 06:09:45 PM »
Two very different contests!

Meat
Normally a 90 second ROUTINE but can be 60.  I capitalized routine because there is one you must adhere to just like in mainstreet.  Basically you are paining a picture here of calling ducks from afar, greeting them and running a feed as they swing around.  But then the ducks start to leave and you call them back, greet again and then sit them on the water.

1.  Hail call (can not ring the call)
2.  Greeting call
3.  Feed
4.  Come back
5.  Lonesome hen

In meat calling you generally hit the call very hard down to natural volumes.  Loud and somewhat aggressive is acceptable here.  In the feed you want to minimize rolling the call though.  Bouncing hens, cajun squeals are always needed along with good tone, cadence, and flow. 
There is no sanctioning body or world championship meat contests.  Most guys do it because they simply like running a call on stage.  And it can make you a much better call operator.  Two man meats are ALWAYS fun.

Live
This is a 60 second routine and it`s all up to you.  No rules, no routine....just want to simply sound like ducks!  Easier said than done to be honest.  Here you want realistic volumes, power, cadence and it still must flow together.  Cajun squeals, bouncing hens, single and double cut feed are all needed.
Not many live duck contests around but there are some.  It`s growing for sure.  The World Live contest is held in Easton Maryland the first weekend of Nov every year along with the World Goose, World Live Goose and the Two Man Goose.  Anyone can enter and entry fees are $100 for the World Lives

STUMP
www.rmcustomcalls.com

Only 2 defining forces have ever offered to die for you....Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.
One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Offline J.Rode

• New Forum Member
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2014, 08:15:02 PM »
Interesting, those contest are nothing alike.  Thanks for sharing.

Jason

Offline josip

• New Forum Member
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2016, 03:40:23 AM »
Greeting
I am from Croatian, tried to make a whistle but my problem jig for cutting.
I found him to buy but the price of $ 100 plus postage what is financially impossible to pay because I earn $ 400 a month and I barely be enough until the next salary.
so I wanted to ask whether it is somehow possible to obtain a draft so that you I do JIG.
Thank you for your answer !!!!