Author Topic: Jig  (Read 4771 times)

Offline Joe aka COLD @ J. A. Kolter Calls

• New Forum Member
    • www.jakoltercalls.com
Re: Jig
« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2015, 11:37:39 AM »
I going to chime in once again here.  The only difference between a custom made jig or a public made jig is that the custom one will get a closer cut out to what the custom call maker calls his own style.  I can take any jig, custom, public or homemade wood and after cutting and sanding a few tone boards I will find the right combination to make a call sound like mine.  Once again, its all those variables with measurements.
J. A. KOLTER CALLS
"Lifetime custom made hunting calls for a reasonable price".

Offline stumpjumper

• New Forum Member
    • RM Custom Calls
« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2015, 11:58:22 AM »
I going to chime in once again here.  The only difference between a custom made jig or a public made jig is that the custom one will get a closer cut out to what the custom call maker calls his own style.  I can take any jig, custom, public or homemade wood and after cutting and sanding a few tone boards I will find the right combination to make a call sound like mine.  Once again, its all those variables with measurements.

I'll disagree with you sir.  The idea that you can take any jig and that in a short period of time make a call that sounds like yours is well......

Stump

www.rmcustomcalls.com

Only 2 defining forces have ever offered to die for you....Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.
One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Offline Joe aka COLD @ J. A. Kolter Calls

• New Forum Member
    • www.jakoltercalls.com
« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2015, 01:06:12 PM »

I'll disagree with you sir.  The idea that you can take any jig and that in a short period of time make a call that sounds like yours is well......

Stump
I know you have strong opinions sir and have the right to disagree with anything said that goes against your grain.  You may not know that I try hard not to make all my calls sound exactly alike so I can please more folks with a call that fits their style of calling.  I can restate myself by saying I can take any jig and tune a tone board after a few tries to make a decent duck call that can be sold.  I also still turn some call models boring them out afterwards which most would think is a wrong thing to do.  The fact is that it works for me.
J. A. KOLTER CALLS
"Lifetime custom made hunting calls for a reasonable price".