Author Topic: Predator Calls  (Read 5419 times)

Offline Homochitto Hollow

• New Forum Member
  • Most Wanted
    • Homochitto Hollow Woodworks
Predator Calls
« on: January 18, 2008, 02:29:46 PM »
I would like to try my hand a some predator calls.  Where do I start?  What is an open reed call?

Bubba

Homochitto Hollow Woodworks

www.homochittohollow.com

Offline Al_at_THO Game Calls

• Owner, THO Game Calls Forums & Store
  • Administrator
  • New Forum Member
Re: Predator Calls
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2008, 02:32:55 PM »
Well, there is a tutorial on the main site that is called, Closed Reed Predator Calls.  That would be one place.  There is one coming on Open Reed calls too.  That one will be up in a few weeks, maybe sooner now  ;)

There is a picture of an open reed call in the Photo Gallery under my name.  It is the blue acrylic.  Braz posted some open reeds too I think.

Al @ THO

Offline Braz

• THO Game Calls Asst Forum Manager
  • Administrator
  • New Forum Member
    • Calls by Braz
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2008, 02:47:12 PM »
Here is a side by side picture of a closed reed call and an open reed call. This one has a THO howler tone board.

Braz
"Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress.. But I repeat myself."--Mark Twain

“Witnessing the Republicans and the Democrats bicker over the U.S. debt is like watching two drunks argue over a bar bill on the Titanic.”

• Administrator
  • New Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2008, 03:19:10 PM »
Hey Braz,  I think I have a line on some bands to replace the castration bands.  These are black and square about the same size as the castration bands.  They are about 5 times the price though.  10 cents each instead of the 2 cents for a castration band.  I should have a pack in the week after next to see how they work out.

Al @ THO

Offline Braz

• THO Game Calls Asst Forum Manager
  • Administrator
  • New Forum Member
    • Calls by Braz
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2008, 03:21:19 PM »
Sounds like a plan. I like the idea of a black one. Sometimes the green one just doesn't go with a piece of wood. Just looks wrong. Black would solve that problem. I think I'd like some of those.
Braz
"Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress.. But I repeat myself."--Mark Twain

“Witnessing the Republicans and the Democrats bicker over the U.S. debt is like watching two drunks argue over a bar bill on the Titanic.”

• Administrator
  • New Forum Member
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2008, 04:09:37 PM »
I doubt I will stock them in the store, maybe, but more than likely, if they work out I will just post the info on where to get them.

Al @ THO