Author Topic: Shop moving question  (Read 1101 times)

Offline Rick Howard

• New Forum Member
Shop moving question
« on: September 02, 2015, 11:56:41 PM »
ive been packing up my shop to move.  I'm pretty close to done.  I don't want to toss the hundreds of dollars of finish and solvents but I'm not sure how to pack them safely.  Currently I'm duct taping the lids as secondary precaution and will put them all in the same plastic bin with an old bed sheet for cushioning.  Does this sound like a good plan?
In life or anything worth partaking, if you have stopped trying to improve you have quit.

Offline Lon @ First Flight Game Calls

• New Forum Member
  • love that quack whackin'
Re: Shop moving question
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2015, 02:52:09 PM »
My first question is who is actually doing the transport, you or a hired company? Secondly, if  you have a pickup can you transport in the bed where there is good ventilation? Keep these products in a well ventilated situation, the top of the box open and as little disturbance of the product as possible, short distance and you should be fine IMHO.

Lon
Government can't solve the problem...Government is the problem. Reagan

Good work ain't cheap and cheap work ain't good!

Offline Rick Howard

• New Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2015, 06:50:27 PM »
Thank you Lon.  The move is about 200 miles.  I hired some movers and rented a u haul. I believe a pickup truck can be arranged though.
In life or anything worth partaking, if you have stopped trying to improve you have quit.

Offline Rick Howard

• New Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2015, 09:48:06 PM »
Moved!  Shop will be all setup next week!  I'm way ahead of schedule!