Author Topic: need some yellow and purple spectraply  (Read 1693 times)

amudge

need some yellow and purple spectraply
« on: August 03, 2015, 11:39:10 PM »
Guys looking to buy or trade whatever for some lsu colored spectraply. I been patiently waiting for months for this color to come available and I have a big wig in my office asking me to make them a duck call from it so it would be helpful in many ways if i could snag a foot or 2 of it! Thanks!

Offline VECtor Calls

• Global Mentor & Moderator
  • New Forum Member
  • VECtor Custom Calls
    • VECtor Custom Calls
Re: need some yellow and purple spectraply
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2015, 01:05:41 AM »
You may have already read this, but if you can't get the color (which is likely hard to do since spectraply is busy feeding the gun companies in Rutland's absence) you can use hedge and purpleheart to make a great looking LSU caller.
Pass on the tradition. A candle loses nothing by lighting another candle.

VECtor Custom Calls
Deer Grunt Calls Turkey Calls and Other Custom Game Calls

ben

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2015, 09:09:52 AM »
Or use yellow heart and purpleheart , yellowheart might stay yellow longer. Either would make a fine call.

ben

amudge

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2015, 09:24:59 PM »
Sorry for the late response! Thanks Guys for the tips! I been busy working in the oil fields and didn't have access to the web! I will look into the purple heart trick!

Offline VECtor Calls

• Global Mentor & Moderator
  • New Forum Member
  • VECtor Custom Calls
    • VECtor Custom Calls
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2015, 12:43:56 AM »
I ran into this same delimma a couple days ago. I have a stick lf purple/grey and a stick of yellow/grey currently drying to each other. I am then going to slice the two sides off of them, and pair those two sides for another stick. When I put the barrel and the stopper together, I plan to twist them to be opposite of each other. This is not too exciting, but its what I have decided to try when the guy was sure he wanted spectraply and not real wood. I could just have a stopper purple/grey and a barrel yellow/grey, but that's NO fun.
Pass on the tradition. A candle loses nothing by lighting another candle.

VECtor Custom Calls
Deer Grunt Calls Turkey Calls and Other Custom Game Calls

amudge

« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2015, 05:24:12 PM »
Sounds Interesting! I been thinking about a few options here and what i am thinking is maybe doing a checkered style call with some purple heart, but i need to find some time to experiment with it! lol