Author Topic: A little help  (Read 7433 times)

Offline Nick Austin

• New Forum Member
A little help
« on: August 03, 2015, 07:40:45 PM »
So I blew in a competition the other day as a dummy caller and liked it but the issue is I have no clue at all about any competition calling but want to learn to give it a try so any help would be greatly appreciated on what to do and were to start.

Offline Ryan@roosagamecalls

• New Forum Member
Re: A little help
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2015, 07:49:05 PM »
Nick that's a tall order to put into words without a sound file to hear how you call but just the courage to get up on a stage is a great start . stay with the basics and perfect the basic quack

Aaron Vice

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2015, 11:12:02 AM »
Like Ryan said...that's not something someone can just give you the answer to.

Here are a few good places to start:

http://callingducks.com/

http://www.mcssl.com/store/carlson-championship-calls/duck-calling-a-to-z

Also....youtube.com there are thousands of routines posted (Good and Bad)

Offline stumpjumper

• New Forum Member
    • RM Custom Calls
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2015, 09:34:04 PM »
If you blew as a dummy caller then it had to have been a sanctioned regional main street contest as they are required to have 10 callers minimum

Calling ducks .Com has great sound files to listen to.  Also YouTube is pretty helpful.  Let me know of you have any questions and I'll try to get you going in the right direction

Stump
www.rmcustomcalls.com

Only 2 defining forces have ever offered to die for you....Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.
One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Offline Nick Austin

• New Forum Member
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2015, 09:25:39 AM »
Well what call or calls would you recommend I try to find one I like to use for it I rep for a company but they do not make a comp call and they could care less about making one I am just curious as to what's out there to try.

Offline stumpjumper

• New Forum Member
    • RM Custom Calls
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2015, 10:21:57 PM »
You rep for a call company...and they could care less about contest calling?  Ok then

So are we talking mainstreet?  Meat?  Live?

Stump
www.rmcustomcalls.com

Only 2 defining forces have ever offered to die for you....Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.
One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Offline Nick Austin

• New Forum Member
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2015, 08:44:42 AM »
Mainstreet they do not make a call that really rings for main street I would run there call for a meat comp they make some good calls for them. I would like to try my luck at main street first then go from there. When trying to blow there call in a mainstreet comp I squeak the call like no tomorrow but if I run a meat comp rutine I can get it with out squeaking on the hail calls.