Author Topic: Sound File  (Read 6986 times)

Offline Jonathan Long

• New Forum Member
Sound File
« on: March 01, 2015, 06:05:22 PM »
Okay, I was super hesitant about uploading but I really want to try to compete this year so please don't hold any punches. This is an echo meat hanger that I removed the top reed from if that gives you something to reference. I wasn't trying to run a routine per say but I thought I could give you something that represented my skill so far.  Although it seems that anytime I hit record I start falling apart :stickman1: Anyways any help is appreciated!

P.S. I thought it wise to start a separate thread so it would be easy to determine which responses were for me. Thanks in advance!

Offline FS Custom Calls

• New Forum Member
Re: Sound File
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2015, 09:26:20 PM »
Your hails need to ring more.  Little delay in your feed.  Build up needs be more decisive.  Your finish hen had a little to much oomph.  Think that call would be better suited to a meat routine.   Great ducky sound.  Not trying to bash at all. :2:
Thor

Offline Jonathan Long

• New Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2015, 09:55:56 PM »
Your hails need to ring more.  Little delay in your feed.  Build up needs be more decisive.  Your finish hen had a little to much oomph.  Think that call would be better suited to a meat routine.   Great ducky sound.  Not trying to bash at all. :2:

I appreciate the feed back! I actually have a BG Kryptonite that I play with but I spit lock the thing everytime I roll a feed or try to throw a bouncing hen in. I have a hard time getting that meat hanger to ring like the kryptonite. I have an RNT original on the way that I would make a good practice call while i look for (and save for) a comp call.

When you say delay in the feed, do you mean a hesitancy before starting, or hesitancy while pushing the air out? :thanks:

Offline stumpjumper

• New Forum Member
    • RM Custom Calls
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2015, 12:04:43 PM »
First, apparently we are talking mainstreet style correct.  If so, there is no way that Echo is gonna cut the mustard.  It is not built to do ringing hails plain and simple.
Before I even give my thoughts, I`d suggest finding a mainstreet call that will fit you.  Know that it takes time to get use to a call...I have a friend that makes 3rd round every year in Stuttgart, took him a year to really become one with the call he said.

STUMP
www.rmcustomcalls.com

Only 2 defining forces have ever offered to die for you....Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.
One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.