Author Topic: 2015 Reelfoot - October 9th & 10th  (Read 17784 times)

Offline BigB

• THO Game Calls Forum Manager
  • Administrator
  • New Forum Member
    • Byers Custom Calls THO gallery
2015 Reelfoot - October 9th & 10th
« on: April 26, 2015, 12:11:27 AM »

For you guys that have never been, this event is one of those experiences you don't want to miss. Layed back atmosphere, lots of expertise and sharing on call making, and friendships formed that will last a lifetime are all things that you will get at this event.

Additional bonuses are the call competition to see how your calls sound against other call makers out there. And the seminars are always worth going to.

It's at a new location this year, but it's not very far down the road from Samburg. Lots of exciting things in the works for this year. Big sponsors like Ranger Boats. Writers for national magazines. TV crew for a show for an outdoor channel. More details to come on that.

Here's a teaser video that Ron Gould made from last years event. A little aerial flying action of the show event.

And the flyer for this years event.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Brian
You won't get money rich in this hobby.  The richness is in the culture, the craft, the friends you meet along the way, and being able to call in a wary game animal with a call that you made with your own hands.

Offline Jon @ JRwoods

• New Forum Member
Re: 2015 Reelfoot - October 9th & 10th
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2015, 11:55:25 AM »
Calling my shot now!  I WILL be there!   Hope to enter more than one call.
Formerly Highlooker.
"It could probably be shown by facts and figures that there is no distinctly native criminal class except congress."~Mark Twain

Offline Mac Dietrich

• New Forum Member
    • McClain Dietrich Custom Game Calls
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2015, 03:52:12 AM »
It's a good time for sure! I'm certianly gonna try and make it back this year.

Offline James Strickland

• Administrator
  • New Forum Member
    • Bayou Legacy Game Calls
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2015, 10:12:39 AM »
What are the categories for calls again?  I need to start now and see I can get some entered.

Offline BigB

• Administrator
  • New Forum Member
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2015, 10:45:41 AM »

Here's the contest rules and categories:

http://www.ccaacalls.org/working_rules.php

Brian
You won't get money rich in this hobby.  The richness is in the culture, the craft, the friends you meet along the way, and being able to call in a wary game animal with a call that you made with your own hands.

Offline Gouldman

• New Forum Member
  • Goulds Custom Calls & Custom Bands
    • Gould's Custom Calls
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2015, 11:24:47 AM »
Yeah....This ranks right up there as one of the most laid back and informative events you'll find, Looks like its on track to be another great event. :clap:
Of all the things I've lost while call making...its my mind I miss the most.
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says is never accurate because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.

Offline BigB

• Administrator
  • New Forum Member
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2015, 07:35:29 PM »
Here's an update on the show from Rob Hurt:

Here are some things going on with the show.

The Event will be held at Blue Bank Resort Oct 10 and 11th. You can set up on the 9th. Tents will be provided, Vendors will need to bring their own tables and chairs. We will be including some Fishing and other outdoor related vendors this year. we feel this will draw a larger crowd, which will benefit everyone.

Rooms at Blue bank are $89.00 per night. These rooms are super nice. You can view photos of the resort at   bluebankresort.com. Their phone number is 877-258-3226. They have already book 22 rooms so please call and get your reservations set. Vendors need to commit to coming as soon as possible. We will be sending out emails to over 60,000 viewer each week updating who will be attending as a vendor and what events will be held , so as you hear of someone coming please email me their name and contact info asap.

Here are some of the promoters that are helping with the event this year
1) John  Phillips with Night Hawk Publications - He will be doing articles on different vendors attending the show and help promote the show in order to draw a large crowd.
2) Wade Bourne - Mr. Bourne is a major writer for DU and will be doing a radio show and articles before the event. and may do a live broadcast at the event.
3) Larry Ray- Has a radio show geared towards the outdoorsman, He will help promote the event and will do a live broadcast during the event
4) Brandon Butler- Will be promoting the event in 8 newspapers in MO, and IL.
5) Don Gasaway- Writes for several major magazines -  He will be attending the show and doing stories on the vendors attending (Free publicity for the attending vendors)
6) MA Outdoors- TV show at the event
7) Wired 2 fish .com- Will be sending out Blogs of the event to over 375,000 sportsmen
8) Huge Mcnaughten - Southern Woods and Water magazine - Will do articles before and after the event

We would like to have new faces there this year. I would like to have Decoy people there, Duck call, Fishing, Outdoor Sporting goods, Guide services and so on as vendors.

Here are a few of the attending Vendors or Sponsors already committed to coming
1) B&M Fishing Poles
2) Polaris
3) Ranger Boats
4) Argo
5) Strike King
6) War Eagel
7) Final Flight Outfitters
8) Dixie Gun Works
9) Echo Calls
10) We are trying to get a big name fisherman like Bill Dance or Van Damn to do seminars along with the call making classes.

Guys this year is going to be an outstanding event. We have made arrangements for indoor facilities in case of rain or bad weather. I need your help to get vendors to commit. There is no charge for a booth space, Please get names and commitments to me asap.

Thank you,

Rob Hurt

Offline R.FINCHUM

• New Forum Member
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2015, 05:21:48 PM »
I was just looking in the new D.U. mag and saw the article for the new Bass Pro pyramid in Memphis. In store 100 room hotel, 28 story freestandin elevator, etc. It will be worth going this yr to be a part of the contest and see the newest Bass Pro store. I went to the BP stores website and looked at the place and it looks incredible. Hopefully I will be able to go this yr.

Offline m rogers

• New Forum Member
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2015, 08:27:36 AM »
Ill be there again this year . Had a great time last year and meet and made some new friends hope I see you there.

Offline BigB

• Administrator
  • New Forum Member
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2015, 02:15:10 PM »

Right now, there are just 14 rooms available at the Blue Bank resort. If you call and ask for a room and they say they are booked, tell them you are staying there for the duck call show and they will give you 1 of the 14 that are left.

Brian

Brett@BBOGGC

« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2015, 12:42:09 PM »
I just booked my room, thanks for the hotel info! I just recently found out about this event from Fred Roe so glad to be getting to go this year.

How does the booth versus bringing your own table/tent for outside room work? I am more interested in coming to walk thru, but may be interested in setting up an informational/demonstration type booth with my call making supplies and maybe a few finished calls.

Do you think anyone would be interested if I setup doing demonstrations on the use of a toneboard jig and if so, who would I contact about doing that with electricity close by for scroll saw, etc.?

Brett@BBOGGC

« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2015, 12:44:42 PM »
if no electricity I can do it the way I started with use of a hand coping saw lol

Offline BigB

• Administrator
  • New Forum Member
« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2015, 10:54:06 PM »

Brett, if you are wanting a booth spot, let me know and I'll let Rob Hurt know. This is the first time the show has been at the Blue Bank resort. I haven't been there yet, so I don't know about electrical hookups at booth locations.  I haven't started on a vendor location map yet, but will be getting started on that task in a few weeks.

If you are wanting to do a demo, I can fill one of the timeslots next year for what you'd like to show. I don't know how well it will be attended this year with the other demos going on Saturday afternoon.

Brian

Offline m rogers

• New Forum Member
« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2015, 05:33:10 PM »
BigB ill be there and will need a spot buddy what do I need to do?

Offline BigB

• Administrator
  • New Forum Member
« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2015, 09:35:57 PM »

I've got you on the list for a booth Mark.

Brian