Author Topic: Call purfect...  (Read 2365 times)

Offline DanNolen

• New Forum Member
Call purfect...
« on: February 27, 2015, 02:40:58 PM »
Does anyone have any experience with the call purfect diaphram jig? It is considerably cheaper than other options i have found.....
God Bless, Pastor Dan

Offline Rick Howard

• New Forum Member
Re: Call purfect...
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2015, 03:26:15 PM »
I have it.  I wont knock it for what it is.  You need buy their replacement parts.  The stretching mechanism is a little cheesy.  Just for grins I felt it was worth buying.  I much prefer the hand jig that Thad makes.  Especially if I were going to sell the calls. 
In life or anything worth partaking, if you have stopped trying to improve you have quit.

Offline Prairie Game Calls

• Global Mentor & Moderator
  • New Forum Member
    • Prairie Calls
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2015, 04:14:23 PM »
Sold mine years ago. It worked ok for one call here or there for you or your buddies.  :beer:

Larry
July Winner Of the Call Makers Throw Down!!
Listed in Earl Mickels Last Book
Silver Life Member NWTF

Offline DanNolen

• New Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2015, 05:06:24 PM »
Well i would like to be able to consistently put out the same product, so this is not what i need then to keep production quality consistence ?
God Bless, Pastor Dan

• New Forum Member
    • Prairie Calls
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2015, 05:20:27 PM »
Dan I bought it at a time when I thought I would start making mouth calls to add to my call line up and it was just not good for production. It works but only if you have like all the time in the world or its the only call your gonna make!

Larry
Silver Life Member NWTF

Offline Rick Howard

• New Forum Member
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2015, 08:57:01 PM »
I have been messing with making my own frames, for predator calling, almost 2 years now.  I wont sell them.  Likely never will.  I make them for myself.  The inconsistencies in material make it quite preventative from cranking out good calls one after the next with production like quality.   Like Larry said, this pig is tough to tackle without a lot of time and dollars.  Obviously it can be done.  But not with that jig.   :2:

In life or anything worth partaking, if you have stopped trying to improve you have quit.

Offline DanNolen

• New Forum Member
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2015, 12:19:57 PM »
Do you guys see the demand available for diaphrams? I think they would sell pretty good myself..... But it sounds like its going to be a $600-$700 investment to start with if i want to keep a good constant call
God Bless, Pastor Dan

• New Forum Member
    • Prairie Calls
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2015, 02:19:39 PM »
Dan Here's my take on this. In order to well with the diaphragms you almost need to have someone in the calling contest using them otherwise it's a flooded market very hard to do well in. You can make 50 -100 and take them to shows and put them on your web page but I doubt you would sell half of them. But you kind of need to figure which direction you want to go with your calls. If I wanted to do more with diaphragm calls I would talk to Scott Hook from Hooks custom calls. He's just a great guy and he can and will make a custom diaphragm call for you and you can resell them under your name. He does a Great job on them and that's what he does. He and I talked at great lengths and I was teetering on doing just that. He will work with you to make what you want. I was actually going to just buy his calls at wholesale and resell them in his packaging and adding it to my web site but one thing leads to another and I let it pass. I use his calls and I am crazy about them their that good. Instead of having $1000.00 of more equipment that I wont have time to use I could put it into a custom design call that Scott would make for me and have them all be uniform and have inventory to sell. If your interested let me know and I'll give you his number and you all can talk about it he's a Great guy!  :2:

Larry
Silver Life Member NWTF

Offline DanNolen

• New Forum Member
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2015, 04:54:45 PM »
Okay thanks larry, i will let you know about his #
God Bless, Pastor Dan

Offline Rick Howard

• New Forum Member
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2015, 08:28:18 PM »
I don't know the turkey call market well enough to comment on their sales.