Author Topic: Trevors refuge feed  (Read 7334 times)

Offline Jonathan Long

• New Forum Member
Trevors refuge feed
« on: February 23, 2015, 08:31:56 PM »
Stump, I figured since you make his calls you would be a good one to ask about trevors Refuge feed. Does he use a cut or rolling style feed to mix the bouncing hen. It sounds like cuts I just wanted to confirm. I also plan on getting you a sound file to let you critique soon! Thanks

Offline Jonathan Long

• New Forum Member
Re: Trevors refuge feed
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2015, 04:21:50 PM »
Nevermind! Once I quit skipping the first 30 seconds I realized he said it clear as day! I will post up something for you to critique soon though. I'm waiting on getting a Diablo back from rnt that I have been practicing on. I do have a clip on one I made but I didn't think it would be good since you don't know what's me and what's the call

Offline FS Custom Calls

• New Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2015, 06:01:17 PM »
Dont try to copy trevor.  He could blow on a McDonald's straw and sound great...no disrespect stump.  He is fun to call against. He can get beat.  Great guy and his feed is smooth to the hens for sure
Thor

Offline Jonathan Long

• New Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2015, 10:54:32 PM »
Well I know he says he's never met anybody who can cut using their throat, so I'd love to be able to do that. Finding time to practice  on the call has become the biggest challenge. Newly married and would like to stay off the couch!

Offline stumpjumper

• New Forum Member
    • RM Custom Calls
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2015, 10:34:41 AM »
Trevor runs many different calls on stage brother.  I'm simply blessed that at times one of those is mine.

He does cut with his throat but there is alot of tongue manipulation in areas.  He has a unique sound when running his feed I`ll say that.  It`s the one area I cant keep up with him...I have my own unique sound in a feed.  Thats what makes things fun...being you but also learning.

FS...This isn't about contest calling and beating someone.  Nothing wrong with hearing someone have a certain sound and wanting to emulate it.  Adds alot to your playbook when you run your call.  But at the end of the day...be you

STUMP
www.rmcustomcalls.com

Only 2 defining forces have ever offered to die for you....Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.
One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Offline FS Custom Calls

• New Forum Member
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2015, 04:42:24 PM »
Not bashing you or someone trying to call stump at all.  Trevor can do things I can only dream of.  But I was more saying dont try to sound like a stage caller or the other guys but sound like a duck.  Stage calling is great fun and rewarding but I have to not blow alot of my routine in the swamp.   Refuge feed included.   
Thor