Author Topic: Stick Fast Resin  (Read 5737 times)

Offline Moonpiecalls

• New Forum Member
Stick Fast Resin
« on: February 20, 2015, 09:49:18 AM »
Just wondering if anyone has used this?  Its another heat cured resin like cactus juice but it is available near me in Canada so was wondering.  Cheaper shipping.

Offline Joe Short

• New Forum Member
Re: Stick Fast Resin
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2015, 12:37:27 PM »
Buy it. I did extensive research through knife and pen forums several months ago when there was a good sale on Stickfast resin but I didn't pull the trigger. You'll find basically this: works the same as Cactus Juice, can't tell a difference, etc... A lot of people buy from Curtis because of how he built his business from nothing and his (generally) great customer service. Having said that, if it's cheaper for you and more readily accessible, I don't think it matters what brand you use if you're looking to stabilize wood. I don't personally believe in brand loyalty, especially when it means paying more for something that has not proven itself to be significantly better.
"We have a lot of great call makers in NC. Maybe more call makers than ducks." - JCZ

Offline Moonpiecalls

• New Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2015, 05:01:51 PM »
Sounds good.  Thanks for that input!  I treid getting some reviews on it and they looked good from what I read.  I figured it would be the same stuff.  Its just quicker shipping and less money for shipping so Im going to try it out.

Offline Moonpiecalls

• New Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2015, 08:08:22 PM »
This resin to me worked the exact same as the other juice.  Thought I would throw an update out there.