Author Topic: Cajon project  (Read 2758 times)

Offline John_Willocks

• New Forum Member
Cajon project
« on: February 16, 2015, 10:13:17 AM »
I don't know if anyone knows it but im a big music fan, and i dont know if anyone has ever done one of these before but, I'm a drummer and not the best guitarist, so every time my buddies want to play I can't bring my drums cause I'm too loud to play with acustic guitars. A cajon is a lot quieter and is pretty easy to play, it gives the basic bass and snare sounds. So I've always wanted one of them but they're 100 bucks or more...... so I decided to build one with stuff I had around the house, here's the start of it more pics to come should finish it up tonight.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2015, 10:22:37 AM by John _ Willocks »
Fowl waters custom calls

Offline David @ Mad Duck Game Calls

• New Forum Member
Re: Cajon project
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2015, 10:22:56 AM »
Cool!
David
-------------------------------------------------------
"If you want me to agree with you, I can, but then we'd both be wrong" 
-------------------------------------------------------

Mad Duck Game Calls Facebook Page

Mad Duck Game Calls Website

Offline clintfaas

• New Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2015, 10:42:59 AM »
Let us know how it turns out.  I love the subtle sound these things add to an acoustic set.  I'm no drummer, but I've always wanted to sit on one and play with it. 
"Nature is an open book for those who care to read. Each grass-covered hillside is a page on which is written the history of the past, conditions of the present and the predictions for the future." -- J. E. Weaver

B Hoover

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2015, 10:01:19 AM »
Played one for several years, but have never built one.  Can't wait to see your final pics!