Author Topic: pics of the event and thanks to vendors!  (Read 6371 times)

Offline kansaskid

• Custom Call Maker
Re: pics of the event and thanks to vendors!
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2015, 01:15:00 AM »
 :hysterical: LMAO

Offline Braz

• THO Game Calls Asst Forum Manager
  • Administrator
  • Custom Call Maker
    • Calls by Braz
« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2015, 05:09:18 AM »
Thanks for the pictures. Looks and sounds like all had a good time. I sure did miss being there, but will give more of an effort next year. So if I can make it next year so can that old man Crawdad.
Braz
"Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress.. But I repeat myself."--Mark Twain

“Witnessing the Republicans and the Democrats bicker over the U.S. debt is like watching two drunks argue over a bar bill on the Titanic.”

Offline Jeff @ Mutt Calls

• Custom Call Maker
  • MUTT Game Calls
« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2015, 06:10:11 AM »
Great stuff Aaron... as always. Looks like ya'll had a great weekend and got some projects accomplished as well as the ever important teaching aspect.  That duck call from Joe Bucher is unbeleivable. WOW.  Glad to hear ya'll had a good turn out. We are hoping to bolster the NCTAT to a new level in the years to come.

Congrats to all for the great projects & pic's.

p.s. Glad Mac got his chuck key back. Appeared to be alot of "love" in that pic!  :hysterical:

Jeff
For it is in the Woods, Fields, & Marshes that Retrievers make thier own legends... and become our heroes!

muttcalls@gmail

Offline David @ Mad Duck Game Calls

• Tutorial Contributor
  • Custom Call Maker
« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2015, 09:17:00 AM »

Jon turning!

My goose flute....

GOOSE GUTS!!!!!!

All of the trade calls.....

Here's what I ended up with!

I had a great time and learned alot!!! Can't wait for next year!  :2up:
David
-------------------------------------------------------
"If you want me to agree with you, I can, but then we'd both be wrong" 
-------------------------------------------------------

Mad Duck Game Calls Facebook Page

Mad Duck Game Calls Website

Offline Kellie Kozeliski

• Custom Call Maker
« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2015, 09:28:59 AM »
I love hearing about and see the pictures of the turn-a-thon...it always sounds as though you all have a great time. 

Offline James Strickland

• Tutorial Contributor
  • Custom Call Maker
    • Bayou Legacy Game Calls Facebook Page
« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2015, 09:38:38 AM »
Man, oh man... looks like y'all had a good time!  I'll abmit I'm a little jealous that I couldn't be there.  One day though...  Thanks for the pics.  I like putting some faces with the names I've come to know on the forum.

Offline Jon @ JRwoods

• THO Recommended Advertiser
  • Custom Call Maker
« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2015, 11:42:33 AM »

L to R, Scott Ashburn, Mr. Wingert himself, Aprilheadhunter/Paul (Look Ma! No Hat!), and Lance (Reclamation calls)
Formerly Highlooker.
"It could probably be shown by facts and figures that there is no distinctly native criminal class except congress."~Mark Twain

Offline Jon @ JRwoods

• Custom Call Maker
« Reply #22 on: January 19, 2015, 11:49:53 AM »

Making short Reed goose guts from hedge, the gooseforsupper way. 
Formerly Highlooker.
"It could probably be shown by facts and figures that there is no distinctly native criminal class except congress."~Mark Twain

Offline Tyson Rae

• Custom Call Maker
    • Dirty D Call Lanyards
« Reply #23 on: January 20, 2015, 06:35:54 AM »
Man, a wealth of knowledge in that room. As expected, great turnout and looks like you all had a lot of fun. John, Chris, Doug, Chance and Mac, hated not getting to catch up with you all. Was really looking forward to that. Hopefully you all can make the May or June get together when i get back. Maybe Crawdad, Lewis, Vince, Braz and Barry could make it too  :yes: Joe....speechless. i kneel at your creativity and craftsmanship. I really hope you can make it too. I have a feeling seeing pictures just doesn't do it as much justice as seeing the real thing.

Offline Lance Chapman

• Custom Call Maker
  • Reclamation Game Calls
« Reply #24 on: January 20, 2015, 10:28:39 AM »
Man, what can I say?  It was a helluva great time for this "coonass".  I really appreciate Aaron hosting this annual event.  I am glad to have met each and everyone of you guys.  Nice to be able to have some new networking and contacts to bounce ideas and texhniques off of when you're stuck in your own shop.  I was really bummed yesterday, when I didn't have a shop full of guys to hang out with and make some dust.  It sure does make 12 hours in a shop go by fast.

Offline kansaskid

• Custom Call Maker
« Reply #25 on: January 20, 2015, 11:13:48 AM »
Tyson, i'd be up for a may/june gathering! Aaron thanks for letting us all come a make a mess of your shop! It was fun can't wait to do it again.

Offline gooseforsupper

• Tutorial Contributor
  • Custom Call Maker
    • Goose For Supper, Exotic Wood Goose Calls
« Reply #26 on: January 20, 2015, 09:49:19 PM »
Thank you vendors for helping us out, it was really great of you all to support our get together.  :bigup:  Thanks to the Wingert family for being such nice hosts.   :bigup:

I should have taken more pictures.  The sawdust wasn't the only thing flying...  :punk:

Good times all around...  :hammer:

Doug

Offline Jon @ JRwoods

• Custom Call Maker
« Reply #27 on: January 20, 2015, 10:19:12 PM »
I'm in for may or June or whenever, always a good time and an easy trip for me.  Hope to see you there Tyson.   

Vince, I know you wished you could have made it, so Chris and I stood in your corner of the basement and heckled everyone the best we could.  " sounds flat!" 
We did our best!
Formerly Highlooker.

Online BigB

• THO Game Calls Forum Manager
  • Administrator
  • Custom Call Maker
    • Byers Custom Calls THO gallery
« Reply #28 on: January 21, 2015, 09:49:54 PM »

Man, I wish I could have been there as well. Thanks for all of the pics. I hope to make it back there next year. I sure do miss meeting new folks, and laughing with the old friends. And I miss Doug's stories and especially his goose recipe.

Brian
You won't get money rich in this hobby.  The richness is in the culture, the craft, the friends you meet along the way, and being able to call in a wary game animal with a call that you made with your own hands.

Offline kansaskid

• Custom Call Maker
« Reply #29 on: January 22, 2015, 10:09:51 PM »
Almost a week later and the hedge post is still lying there...its killing me  :stickman1: (To those who don't know my dad seems to be protective of his fence posts even know i replaced it and the fence looks better now than it did before...) To top it off a friend of mine tells me yesterday that they re-fenced their pasture and pulled up the posts and he has a pile of them.... :stickman1: Of course its my luck i don't learn of this until now....so i guess i'm going to have to rummage through and see if i can find some usable posts  :innocent: