Author Topic: Finish room  (Read 1257 times)

Offline DanNolen

• New Forum Member
Finish room
« on: December 16, 2014, 05:15:47 PM »
Hey guys, after being away from the forum for a few months after the move to South Carolina I am just getting things in order for setting up shop after the move. One thing I lacked in my last shop was a finishing room. I got to thinking, and had several ideas for now.  I don't have enough space or , money to do it the way it should be with ventilation and the whole 9 yards, nor do I want to frame in a separate room at this point.  Does anyone have a cost effective space effective alternative?  I'm part way imagining something could be concocted almost to the form of what a small sandblasting booth looks like, free standing and all with a plexiglass lid. Anyone tried this? Or anything else? If you got pics post them up please
God Bless, Pastor Dan

Offline dogcatcher

• New Forum Member
Re: Finish room
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2014, 05:34:48 PM »
I think you are describing an area to let the finishes dry, a cardboard box like they use for dishwashers or washers and dryers.  Put a rack on the inside to hang your calls on.  I would also add an air filter on one side with an exhaust fan on the other, something like a small computer fan. 

Want to go first class?  Go to the resale stores and look for used wall cabinets and create the same thing.  I used to have one, but I gave it away with plans to make another, just never got around to it.

Me, I do quite a bit of my finishing inside the house, it is pretty well dust free and with oil finishes I hand rub them for about 20 minutes and then set them on a rack on the kitchen cabinet.  After the 3rd or 4th coat and they have cured I can use the buffer and buff off any dust that has gotten to them.

Marvin
Combat Infantryman, the ultimate hunter where the prey shoots back.
Old style calls for today's outdoorsman
"Call and they will come."
Helping those that are helping themselves.

Offline DanNolen

• New Forum Member
Re: Finish room
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2014, 06:35:16 PM »
yea that's what i was talking about, thanks marvin! i never thought about using an old wall cabinet, thats a good idea
God Bless, Pastor Dan