Author Topic: Work in progress  (Read 2952 times)

Offline John_NY

• New Forum Member
  • I carry a gun cause a cop is too heavy
    • J.B. Calls
Work in progress
« on: March 31, 2008, 12:02:26 AM »
I started making this howler this evening. After looking at it I think it's too dark. I think I'll try and re-finish it. I have a few other things I want to do to it as well. The picture is lousey but it was the best one of the 20 or so I took.  ;D   Anyway I thought I'd post a picture of what I have done so far.
John

« Last Edit: July 18, 2008, 12:50:49 AM by John_NY »
Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you.

JB Custom Calls

Offline Al_at_THO Game Calls

• Owner, THO Game Calls Forums & Store
  • Administrator
  • New Forum Member
Re: Work in progress
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2008, 09:34:21 AM »
Is that going to be a coyote head on the front?   The call looks good.  Nothing wrong with dark woods in my book.  I think they look rich when finished well.   Can't wait to see the finished product!

AL @ THO

Offline John_NY

• New Forum Member
  • I carry a gun cause a cop is too heavy
    • J.B. Calls
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2008, 02:01:15 PM »
Yeah it's suppose to be but it's not coming along very well. I might scrap it and start over. I did make a soundboard from deer antler that is 2" long that surprised me. if I get on the tip it howls great and if I get way back to the ring it has a good duck sound. I used 14 mil mylar for the reed.

John

Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you.

JB Custom Calls

Offline Al_at_THO Game Calls

• Owner, THO Game Calls Forums & Store
  • Administrator
  • New Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2008, 11:55:25 AM »
I am not surprised at the tone board sound.  The first open reeds were nothing more than modified duck calls.   Depending on the tone board design, you can get a lot of different sounds out of them.

Al @ THO