Author Topic: Glueing Surfaces and other stuff...........  (Read 2149 times)

Offline Scott Ashburn

• New Forum Member
Glueing Surfaces and other stuff...........
« on: November 05, 2014, 10:55:38 AM »
I've read this on here I believe and on other sites where members were asking on how you apply glue to the call when gluing in the surface and or soundboards.
So I did some research online and bought these.  I got a 500 count and split it in 1/2 with a friend up in Wisconsin.  Anyways, just wanted to share what I got.
This particular syringe has a little larger opening than I liked, but it comes with a small plastic cap.  So I drilled it with a .060 drill bit and tested it last night after I got them in the mail.  It laid down a very nice small bead of glue, so I'm very happy with it.  Very cost effective too if ya ask me.  Esp if your doing more than one call.  But even at .14 a piece, it beats laying it down with a small screwdriver, like I've been doing in the past.

http://www.blowoutmedical.com/bd-oral-syringes-with-tip-caps.html

Offline Jeff @ Mutt Calls

• New Forum Member
  • MUTT Game Calls
Re: Glueing Surfaces and other stuff...........
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2014, 11:36:43 AM »
You can also get syringes at local pet stores, Tractor Supply, Feed & Seed stores, etc... They sell them for pet and farm animal use. You can get all you want as well and save on some shipping.
For it is in the Woods, Fields, & Marshes that Retrievers make thier own legends... and become our heroes!

muttcalls@gmail

Offline jcz

• New Forum Member
  • You want some??
    • Trophygamecalls
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2014, 11:51:08 AM »
Or better yet you coulda married a nurse.  My wife brings those little scissors and clamps and syringes full of saline home all the time. Accidentally of course. I've never had to buy a syringe.  :whistling:
August Call Makers Throwdown Winner
http://www.trophygamecalls.embarqspace.com/

Offline Ryan@roosagamecalls

• New Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2014, 11:56:29 AM »
ive just started using syringes. my what a time saver it took some getting use to but will never go back. thanks  again to this forum

Offline Scott Ashburn

• New Forum Member
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2014, 01:00:57 PM »
You can also get syringes at local pet stores, Tractor Supply, Feed & Seed stores, etc... They sell them for pet and farm animal use. You can get all you want as well and save on some shipping.

This company has free shipping.  Save on gas too by not going to a store.  Delivered to my door,  free!

Offline Rick Howard

• New Forum Member
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2014, 09:19:31 PM »
Awesome, Scott.  Thanks for the heads up. 
In life or anything worth partaking, if you have stopped trying to improve you have quit.