Author Topic: After a long ordeal  (Read 1935 times)

Offline wlain

• New Forum Member
After a long ordeal
« on: October 08, 2014, 11:16:22 AM »
It continues to be a long ordeal.  The good news is the duck call making house remodeling is almost completed.  I needed room and wanted to pu the duct collector outside.  To do that I figure a porch.  That led to a very large porch.  Porch needs a roof so lets re roof the whole thing to match the house and pump house on our property.  You see how things can get out of hand with me.  Here is the problem.  Texas oil is booming so big right now, any contractor worth anything is making money out the wazoo near the oilfields.  The ones that suck are left behind.  I have had a heck of a time with no shows, I am sorrys, blah freaking blah blah blah.  But here is the near finished product.

Offline David @ Mad Duck Game Calls

• New Forum Member
Re: After a long ordeal
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2014, 11:56:21 AM »
That's pretty dang cool, now you gotta do a shop tour!!  :yes:
David
-------------------------------------------------------
"If you want me to agree with you, I can, but then we'd both be wrong" 
-------------------------------------------------------

Mad Duck Game Calls Facebook Page

Mad Duck Game Calls Website

Offline wlain

• New Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2014, 01:21:30 PM »
I certainly will.  I was supposed to be having a grand opening, chamber of commerce, ribbon cutting ceremony this weekend. It was just not going to happen.  Beluieve it or not it was 6 weeks to get that tiny roof on the place and it still doesn't meet my punch out inspection.  Once I get the dust collector, the table saw and larger stuf I rarely use out on the porch I will do a shop tour.  The inside is lined old barnwood, mounted ducks and antique woodworking tools.  I like being in there.

Offline Ryan@roosagamecalls

• New Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2014, 09:34:12 AM »
thats a great looking place the work will be worth it congrates

Offline Rick Howard

• New Forum Member
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2014, 10:15:14 AM »
Looks great!  My shop is a dungeon.  It also seems to be where the wife sends me when she's mad....   Someday I will fix both.... Just like the railing on the stairs, The trim on the floors, The......  Maybe I'll just turn stuff in my dungeon. 
In life or anything worth partaking, if you have stopped trying to improve you have quit.