Author Topic: two piece tone board  (Read 1028 times)

Offline Ryan@roosagamecalls

• New Forum Member
two piece tone board
« on: October 26, 2014, 10:21:48 AM »
whats everyone's thought on two piece tone boards? Ive never liked them just due to the fact that when i finish a nice call that has a one piece tone board and sounds great. that there was potential for it to go bad and ruin the piece of wood that matches the barrel. its a sense of accomplishment. i know there's a lot of people that are great wood turners and make beautiful calls then stick a pre made tone board in them. that's fine just not for me. when i started this craft i wanted to make everything. i would even cut my own tone boards with a coping saw. to me that's how you learn to make a tone board or turn into a alcoholic :hysterical:.I use a jig now to get close then take it from there. but the other day i made a call that i really didn't have a choice but to put  one in it and now i don't know what i think about it. oh and i think i figured out the photo bucket thing thanks to my wife.

BLKDOGS

Re: two piece tone board
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2014, 10:34:22 AM »
Nice laminated Call  :bigup: :bigup:  As far as inserting a different tone board that you made  in a call is just fine. ALL of it is yours. made by you and you should be proud of that!!! 

again Great Job on the laminate!!!!