Author Topic: Resins?  (Read 5836 times)

Offline Chris @ STW Outdoors

• New Forum Member
Resins?
« on: September 25, 2014, 04:21:48 PM »
I'm diving into stabilizing some blanks. I am gathering up all my stuff and I was looking for Resins. My questions is this: Are Turn-Tex and Stick fast the only two resins on the planet.lol. I can't seem to do any flavor of internet search without those two being the only viable results. I ordered some cactus juice because it has very good reviews. Just wondering if there is something I am missing. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Chris
Chris Wright

Offline dogcatcher

• New Forum Member
Re: Resins?
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2014, 02:47:25 PM »
Stick with the Cactus Juice, it has been tried and proven by a lot of penturners.  I have no clue on the other brand.

Marvin
Combat Infantryman, the ultimate hunter where the prey shoots back.
Old style calls for today's outdoorsman
"Call and they will come."
Helping those that are helping themselves.

Offline Chris @ STW Outdoors

• New Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2014, 08:56:34 PM »
Thanks for the reply Marvin. I did get a PM on some other stuff. I have no doubt that Cactus Juice is good stuff. Just seemed odd that I could only find two products out there. I'm a capitalist, I like competition. HAHA. Anyway, I received my gallon of Cactus juice today. Super fast on the shipping. So that's good. Now I just have to finish building the vacuum chamber and I am on my way.

One other note about cactus juice. He was kind enough to send very detailed instructions about what not to do. That is very handy for a first timer. Very professional.
Chris Wright

Offline Wane

• New Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2014, 10:37:44 PM »
Curtis is good to deal with and full of know how on stabilizing and casting blanks, awsome to talk to if you have any questions too.
Wane

Offline Ozark Wood

• New Forum Member
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2014, 04:29:07 PM »
I was asked to do a pre-market product test for a stabilizing product some years ago. I have forgotten which one so I won't get anyone (too) mad at me. :whistling:  I did not like it. Smelled kinda like oranges but was nauseating and unpleasant. Stuff required heat to cure. I have a low reccomendation. Now use my own solution and am happy with it.

Offline Ryan@roosagamecalls

• New Forum Member
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2014, 05:38:00 PM »
im on my 11th gallon of juice stick with it and the best advice i can give you is cook your wood first to get moisture content close to 0 as possible before vacume. then also put a thermomiter in with the toster oven and dont go by the readings on the dial. oh and wrap very well with foil tightly.