Author Topic: Factory rejects....  (Read 2133 times)

Offline gooseforsupper

• New Forum Member
    • Goose For Supper, Exotic Wood Goose Calls
Factory rejects....
« on: October 12, 2014, 09:06:41 PM »
Hi gang!
I don't have a factory, just kidding, but these are my latest calls.  I have not posted a call for probably 6 months because of building fancy St. Charles calls, but now I am back in the shop at least a little bit building some short reeds.

From the left, 1st and 3rd are English walnut, hedge, and bloodwood.  The 2nd and 4th are claro walnut burl and hedge....

The reason they are factory rejects, is that on the back side of every one, the hedge has a hairline crack in it.  Drats!   :taz: :stickman1:
Darn hedge, I honestly could not see the cracks until I put on the finish.  Kind of a sucky moment if you know what I mean.  From now on I am going over my hedge blocks with a light brown stain to find the cracks before I make them into calls.  No guarantee that that will help, but at least I have a better chance and finding the good pieces.  Anyway, for factory rejects, I kind of like the looks of them.  They sound awesome by the way...  :beer:

Doug

Offline David @ Mad Duck Game Calls

• New Forum Member
Re: Factory rejects....
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2014, 09:25:51 PM »
Those look great! I bet finding a crack just makes you mad, especially after doing all that work.

Me and my dad could use a couple goose calls for this season.....  :whistling:  :hysterical:
David
-------------------------------------------------------
"If you want me to agree with you, I can, but then we'd both be wrong" 
-------------------------------------------------------

Mad Duck Game Calls Facebook Page

Mad Duck Game Calls Website