Author Topic: R.E. “Big Cypress” squirrel call by Dave (HuntnCarve) Paul.  (Read 3593 times)

Offline J. Kellam

• New Forum Member
Hello all.  I had quite a surprise show up in my mailbox today – a small box from Dave (HuntnCarve) Paul.  I opened the package up and was absolutely stunned to find a finely detailed squirrel call with the image of an orange color phase Big Cypress fox squirrel carved in relief on it.  Months ago, I had sent Dave an image of the type of fox squirrels that live in the Big Cypress swamp of southern Florida (which is where I live too) (see photo below).

Along with the call came a nice letter outlining the history/source of the PA Holly wood the call was made from and other background information on this and another incredible call in my collection (also by HuntnCarve) called “Squirrel on Pear” which combined are the center pieces of my growing squirrel call collection (see photo below).

What a wonderful surprise gift – one that I will keep and appreciate for the rest of my life.  Outside of being a skilled carver, Dave (HuntnCarve) Paul is also a great/generous American!  Thanks Dave!!!  John
« Last Edit: August 31, 2014, 04:38:04 PM by J. Kellam »

Offline HuntnCarve

• Global Mentor & Moderator
  • New Forum Member
Re: R.E. “Big Cypress” squirrel call by Dave (HuntnCarve) Paul.
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2014, 08:07:02 AM »
John,

I am glad you like your gift, and am humbled by your kind words.  I on the other hand, received some knowledge.  -A much more valuable gift.   I learned about an animal I never even knew existed?  For those that want to learn.   John provided a fascinating link on the Big Cypress Fox Squirrel that I am attaching here:

http://www.nps.gov/bicy/naturescience/big-cypress-fox-squirrel.htm

Thanks again John!

HuntnCarve
Dave
Dave Paul

HuntnCarve Calls

Offline Flight Control CC

• New Forum Member
Re: R.E. “Big Cypress” squirrel call by Dave (HuntnCarve) Paul.
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2014, 07:51:27 AM »
Absolutely stunning call and collection. The attention to detail and the execution is second to none. -Alan