Author Topic: Calibers you load for ?  (Read 2412 times)

Offline Amerflyer48

• Custom Call Maker
Calibers you load for ?
« on: January 02, 2009, 07:55:28 PM »
Just a start for this thread,.. which calibers do you load for ?

.380 Auto       
.38 Super/9mm
10MM             
.45ACP
.38Spl./.357Mag  (don't we all have a set of these dies) 2 sets
.401 Herters Powermag

.30-06
.303 Brit
.243 ( have dies but no rifle)

most on an older Dillon 450 press,..and there is a Lyman Spartan under the bench for small batches..

Offline John_NY

• Custom Call Maker
  • I carry a gun cause a cop is too heavy
    • J.B. Calls
Re: Calibers you load for ?
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2009, 08:30:05 PM »
I don't reload for alot of calibers. I load my 38's / 357 mag as well.  :yes: 
Once in awhile I shoot a few old 32 win spcl so I load them I can do 270 and 35 rem. The ones I load the most are the 357. Until they start that code stamping bullets and cases then I'll be an illegal reloader. LOL.   

I have an old turret CH press I've had for over 30 years. It still works and I don't load alot so it suits me well. With the price of lead I target shoot mostly with .22 pistols. I don't reload 9mm because I hate hunting up the brass.  :rofl:

Got any pictures of your setup?

John
Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you.

JB Custom Calls

Offline Amerflyer48

• Custom Call Maker
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2009, 09:30:07 PM »
It is a hodgepodge right now some shelves and cabinets and the press is bolted to my sewing machine table, a big industrial one (Consew 206RB) I used to do boat canvas etc. with,.. someday I will draw up plans and set a proper bench for it and my lanyard making gear,..who knows by then I might try a small wood lathe if you folks keep inspiring me  :bigup:

Offline BntBrl

• New Forum Member
    • Ogeechee Outdoors
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2009, 03:55:14 PM »
I reload also for .35/.357 and Weatherby .300 mag.  The weatherby reloads save me a lot of money and I custom adjust weights to get the best accuracy also.

I have a turret press I mount on a table.  I normally just load as many as I can load at once.  I ususally make more than I shoot the next time so I slack off a bit on reloading until I run my supply down.

Itll be interesting to see what happens with that bullet coding nonsense doesnt it.  Seems like a way to track law abiding citizens.  Why dont we just let them micro chip us like the dogs?

Offline builderone

• Custom Call Maker
    • cbcalls
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2009, 09:34:07 AM »
I reload quite a few calibers for my rifles. I don't do any pistol round except my TC. I bought a mec so I could do my own duck rounds.I reload for;
My ..223 bench
300 win mag
300 wsm
7mm wsm
7-08 waters
25-06 rem
35 rem for my contender pistol
22 hornet daughters gun
I think there are couple others.
As far as them marking bullets that will make me an outlaw till my current stock is used up.  :2guns: :gunsmilie:
Chad
"It is a wise man who said that there is no greater inequality than the equal treatment of unequals."
"A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have." - Gerald R. Ford
"Don't find fault, find a remedy; anybody can complain."