Author Topic: some of my recent whistles  (Read 8237 times)

Offline Gouldman

• New Forum Member
  • Goulds Custom Calls & Custom Bands
    • Gould's Custom Calls
Re: some of my recent whistles
« Reply #30 on: August 02, 2014, 11:53:44 AM »
Very Nice Aaron.....burning that midnight oil for sure. :2up:
Of all the things I've lost while call making...its my mind I miss the most.
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says is never accurate because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.

Offline kellyskalls

• New Forum Member
    • Kellys Kalls
« Reply #31 on: August 03, 2014, 09:38:27 AM »
Wow its been some time since I have been here, Its still an amazing place, Those whistles are off the hook,  I'm going to assume that the cnc work was an attempt to get caught up on your back log of orders and it went even crazier than before?? Good problem to have!! Beautiful calls Aaron, Kel

Offline Aaron at Wingerts Woodworks

• Global Mentor & Moderator
  • New Forum Member
    • Wingert's Woodworks
« Reply #32 on: August 03, 2014, 12:22:04 PM »
Wow its been some time since I have been here, Its still an amazing place, Those whistles are off the hook,  I'm going to assume that the cnc work was an attempt to get caught up on your back log of orders and it went even crazier than before?? Good problem to have!! Beautiful calls Aaron, Kel

Thanks.  Yep, I started doing CNC'd ones in an effort to reduce the 16 month backlog.....Decrease demand for the hand-turned stuff.  It has honestly blown up in my face because a ton of people are ordering CNC'd ones because they can get them pretty quickly AND asking to be placed on the waiting list for a hand-turned one.  I can't finish sand, polish and tune them fast enough.  They're selling out quick and I can only devote a little time to working on them compared to the hand-turned ones.  Good problem to have I guess.  I started with black and ivory.  The ivory didn't sell until the black was gone.  Then everyone wanted ivory.  Now I'm out of both and everybody wants black.  I also have a couple pearl colors in the works, along with a lot of black.

Offline Flight Control CC

• New Forum Member
« Reply #33 on: August 05, 2014, 12:20:48 AM »
Great looking whistles bud, top notch work