Author Topic: some of my recent whistles  (Read 8148 times)

Offline gooseforsupper

• New Forum Member
    • Goose For Supper, Exotic Wood Goose Calls
Re: some of my recent whistles
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2014, 07:49:01 AM »
Outstanding..... :beer:

I'm glad I have a couple in my collection, and of course one of them is going on my lanyard this year...

Keep them coming!   :bigup:

Offline R.FINCHUM

• New Forum Member
« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2014, 08:31:51 AM »
You know, there is a very best at everything. I have seen guys that are the very best at bronc riding, at high jump all the way down to spinning pizzas and playing the french horn. Yours happen to be making the duck whistle. Nobody, and in my opinion nobody, does these like you do. I have made a few, but I have a bad habit of holding what I do up against someone elses. I have looked at all the makers here and in person and know I shouldnt. Those are way beyond pretty. Bout as good as they can get. Italy? Wow! Thy reputation precedes you. I actually sold one to a guy in Italy once. But our Italy is 12 miles from here, Italy, Tx.lol.  One question, sir. what size tool do you use for the holes. I assume you have said before, but I cant find it. 

Offline Aaron at Wingerts Woodworks

• Global Mentor & Moderator
  • New Forum Member
    • Wingert's Woodworks
« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2014, 10:27:23 AM »
You know, there is a very best at everything. I have seen guys that are the very best at bronc riding, at high jump all the way down to spinning pizzas and playing the french horn. Yours happen to be making the duck whistle. Nobody, and in my opinion nobody, does these like you do. I have made a few, but I have a bad habit of holding what I do up against someone elses. I have looked at all the makers here and in person and know I shouldnt. Those are way beyond pretty. Bout as good as they can get. Italy? Wow! Thy reputation precedes you. I actually sold one to a guy in Italy once. But our Italy is 12 miles from here, Italy, Tx.lol.  One question, sir. what size tool do you use for the holes. I assume you have said before, but I cant find it.

Thank you for the kind words.  My bore is 1/2".  The sound holes are made by an 82* solid carbide 6 flute countersink.  Sound hole diameter isn't super-critical as long as the amount of air going over the toneboard is adjusted accordingly.  Big holes.....small air over the toneboard.  Small holes....Need more air over the toneboard.  Not sure if that makes sense. 

Offline FS Custom Calls

• New Forum Member
« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2014, 12:52:56 PM »
Man you have been busy!  They are all gorgeous. :bigup:
Thor

Offline David @ Mad Duck Game Calls

• New Forum Member
« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2014, 01:26:38 PM »
Aaron, on the picture with the orange/black whistle, is that a piece of hedge with green in it in the background? You need to make a whistle with that!  :yes:
David
-------------------------------------------------------
"If you want me to agree with you, I can, but then we'd both be wrong" 
-------------------------------------------------------

Mad Duck Game Calls Facebook Page

Mad Duck Game Calls Website

Offline R.FINCHUM

• New Forum Member
« Reply #20 on: July 27, 2014, 04:15:25 PM »
Yep. Makes perfect sense. I had read that before in a prior post so I didnt figure I was tapping into a secret. Thanks for the info. Maybe next time you sell to someone in Italy or Tahiti or somewhere you could say you only hand deliver so as to make sure of safe delivery. Free call for round trip air fare. :yes:

Offline Mac Dietrich

• New Forum Member
    • McClain Dietrich Custom Game Calls
« Reply #21 on: July 27, 2014, 05:01:55 PM »
Well done my friend! Really glad we've become friends over the last few yrs and know I can call ya up whenever I've got an issue or to vent lol! R. Finchum said it best there simply isn't any better at making whistles period!!!! One of these days I'll get on your list and order me 1

Offline Drake Dropper Calls

• New Forum Member
« Reply #22 on: July 27, 2014, 09:44:48 PM »
Very nice group of calls Aaron.
-Phil
www.DrakeDropperCalls.com

"...with God all things are possible."—Mark 10-27

Offline TM Game Calls

• New Forum Member
« Reply #23 on: July 27, 2014, 10:17:31 PM »
Very nice. I love the look of the orange and black burl.

Offline James Strickland

• Administrator
  • New Forum Member
    • Bayou Legacy Game Calls
« Reply #24 on: July 28, 2014, 12:32:52 PM »
Those are all really nice, Aaron.  Love seeing pics of your work.

Offline Daniel Putnam @ Bayou Built Calls

• New Forum Member
« Reply #25 on: July 28, 2014, 12:39:01 PM »
Awesome love the way the orange and gray acrylic goes together! There all awesome though!

Offline Mark at dbroswoods and Honker Breaker Game Calls

• New Forum Member
« Reply #26 on: July 30, 2014, 10:52:44 AM »
Aaron great looking bunch of whistles!!!   :bow:

Mark

Offline stumpjumper

• New Forum Member
    • RM Custom Calls
« Reply #27 on: July 31, 2014, 04:28:07 PM »
All junk   :hysterical: :hysterical:

STUMP
www.rmcustomcalls.com

Only 2 defining forces have ever offered to die for you....Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.
One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Offline Crawdad

• New Forum Member
« Reply #28 on: July 31, 2014, 10:09:20 PM »
Aaron, you are awesome man, I have looked up to you the most of any call makers I know, because of your perfection in everything you do, you are first class & I am glad to call you friend. Looks like you have gotten hooked on them like I have gotten hooked on Trumpets. By the way, I ran into a couple of your friends while Hunting up around Prinston last april, nice guys but was on land they weren't suppose to be on, but no problem, just given wrong info. Keep up the good work. Crawdad

Offline Aaron at Wingerts Woodworks

• Global Mentor & Moderator
  • New Forum Member
    • Wingert's Woodworks
« Reply #29 on: August 02, 2014, 12:23:10 AM »
Aaron, you are awesome man, I have looked up to you the most of any call makers I know, because of your perfection in everything you do, you are first class & I am glad to call you friend. Looks like you have gotten hooked on them like I have gotten hooked on Trumpets. By the way, I ran into a couple of your friends while Hunting up around Prinston last april, nice guys but was on land they weren't suppose to be on, but no problem, just given wrong info. Keep up the good work. Crawdad

Thanks Crawdad, I appreciate your nice words.  I heard about you meeting Chris.  Sounds like the guys that promised them a hunt down there put them on land that they didn't have permission to be on, and Chris errantly trusted the guy when he said he was ok to be there.  He's a good ethical dude and was completely mortified over it.  He spoke really highly of how you treated him given the circumstances and said that the whole interaction took a positive turn when you two somehow figured out that you both know me.  I met him at Bass Pro Shops when I first started making calls and he was staffing a booth for Mossy Oak.  He has been as good a promoter of my products than I could ever hope for.