Author Topic: Ideas and advice  (Read 3875 times)

Offline G.Robinson

• New Forum Member
Ideas and advice
« on: June 19, 2014, 06:58:10 AM »
Hey everyone thinking about playing with some of this stabilizingand have 2 questions . First when you use resin to stabilize do you mix the catalyst with it just like casting I would think it would harden may be a silly question but seen a few how to videos saying to ad the catalyst that dosent make sense? Next I'm just like all of you and a DIY kinda guy could I make a vaccum vessel out of 1 inch plexiglass or acrylc I know I have the stuff to make the box just looking for advice on how to make seal for lid I work on hvac so I have any fitting and pump I need just not sure how to seal the top ( maybe a rubber gasket and just set it on top ? Sorry for long winded post thanks

Offline Prairie Game Calls

• Global Mentor & Moderator
  • New Forum Member
    • Prairie Calls
Re: Ideas and advice
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2014, 07:18:36 AM »
The resin is thermal reactive got to have heat to make it harden. Will last up to a year after mixed if kept in a refridge. For your lid you need a dense foam or some type of flexiable rubber to seal.

Larry
July Winner Of the Call Makers Throw Down!!
Listed in Earl Mickels Last Book
Silver Life Member NWTF

Offline David @ Mad Duck Game Calls

• New Forum Member
Re: Ideas and advice
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2014, 08:51:09 AM »
If your talking about cactus juice for the resin, it has to be heated to over 200 degrees for a few hours for the resin to harden. If you buy a 1/2 gallon container or up he sends the catalyst separate for you to mix when you want to use it so that might be what people are talking about... And just like Larry said I would use a thick chunk of foam for a seal, or like you said a rubber gasket, I think either will work...
David
-------------------------------------------------------
"If you want me to agree with you, I can, but then we'd both be wrong" 
-------------------------------------------------------

Mad Duck Game Calls Facebook Page

Mad Duck Game Calls Website