Author Topic: Double and triple dye  (Read 6194 times)

Offline Wane

• New Forum Member
Double and triple dye
« on: April 13, 2014, 08:49:05 AM »
How do you do double and triple dye. Do you vacuum it for each color or just soak it w
For the first color?
Wane

Offline Wayne at Winzer Game Calls

• New Forum Member
Re: Double and triple dye
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2014, 09:54:04 PM »
I let the first color soak with no vacuum then cook it off. Then I either do the same thing again with another color or go ahead and pull in the final color with vacuum and then the final cooking. Changing up the way you place the wood in the dyed stabilizing juice can make interesting colors. Put a piece on it's end in one color, let it soak as much as it can. Flip it over in another color the same way let it soak all it can then cook it off. Do the final submerged in a different color then do the final cook off. Lot's of ways, orientations, and color variations. Just remember the final needs to be under vacuum to pull in the most solution and give that wood it's hardness.
Wayne
The older blind man was asked "What can be worse than losing you sight?"  He replied " ones vision"
author unknown

Offline Wane

• New Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2014, 05:31:50 PM »
Thank you Wayne, I have done a lot of dyed wood just trying double and triple dying to see what happens just wanted to know I was on the right track.   :bigup:
Wane

Offline DanHamra

• New Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2015, 09:09:09 PM »
Any body do double dyes by pulling a vacuum for a short amount of time with one color, then cook, and then submerge in final color and pull vacuum for longer until bubbles stop? I might give this method a try and see how penetration works out