Author Topic: My journey designing goose guts  (Read 10185 times)

Offline Joe aka COLD @ J. A. Kolter Calls

• New Forum Member
    • www.jakoltercalls.com
Re: My journey designing goose guts
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2014, 04:05:14 PM »
I really enjoyed reading this one.  Looks very familiar with the pics of many, many milled out tone boards.  It was a long journey for me as well.  Congrats on grabbing that brass ring.  It just thrills me to know that others are trying to make their own goose guts, and many more are hand cutting their own reed configurations as well.
This is what its all about . . . "Custom is Custom Made!"    :2up: :clap:
J. A. KOLTER CALLS
"Lifetime custom made hunting calls for a reasonable price".

bloodbrothercalls

« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2014, 12:18:16 PM »
I really enjoyed reading this one.  Looks very familiar with the pics of many, many milled out tone boards.  It was a long journey for me as well.  Congrats on grabbing that brass ring.  It just thrills me to know that others are trying to make their own goose guts, and many more are hand cutting their own reed configurations as well.
This is what its all about . . . "Custom is Custom Made!"    :2up: :clap:

Well said! Thanks Joe I really appreciate it! I have looked up to you for a long time on both forums and I have to admit I have taken a lot of your knowledge for making goose guts as far as how to set up the jig to router them out. It works great!! I am actually working with Wade right now to get a custom jig made so then I can make wood guts which I know you are very fond of  :2up: So I am getting very excited to see how the jig turns out! Thanks again!

Offline tduff

• New Forum Member
« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2014, 08:52:23 PM »
Ross, I applaud your efforts in taking the high road. Having been involved in designing jigs and fixtures for quite a few callmakers, it's good to see that you are doing the "hard" R & D yourself. I have some short reed guts that are rounded that I made in the mid '90s.

I too enjoyed reading your post and hope that it inspires others.

Troy