Author Topic: Latest project...  (Read 6697 times)

Offline David @ Mad Duck Game Calls

• New Forum Member
Re: Latest project...
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2014, 11:16:57 PM »
OOOOoooooo...... Its even better with the honey comb piece in there!!!  :pot: I WILL be going to your house when you set one up. How about this weekend?    :beer:   :beer:   
David
-------------------------------------------------------
"If you want me to agree with you, I can, but then we'd both be wrong" 

Mad Duck Game Calls Facebook Page

Mad Duck Game Calls Website

Offline R.FINCHUM

• New Forum Member
« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2014, 08:08:23 AM »
I envy you the hives. One of my neighbors yrs ago had 7 or 8 hives and we had fresh hunny all the time. Nothing like fresh home made cathead bisquits, fresh butter(another neighbor had a small dairy) and good wildwood honey. When I was in college I worked for a pest control friend. We got a call from a homeowner and went to a place with a full wall full. Drill a hole, spray some pyrethian(wrong spelling I know) and spray as they came out. I just about quit over that. I love bees too. A 36'' wide about 6 ft wall full of honey. They tore open the wall and replaced it. I looked out my window a week ago and thought the leaves were falling. We had a hive in the catalpa tree in the front yard and they swarmed in my front yard. They settled on a tree fork next to my front door. Wish I had gotten pics. I called some bee keepers in my area and one was coming out to get them. They are usually pretty tame when swarming unless you make the queen squeal.haha. They tornadoed that afternoon and just left. Boy was I hoping they werent africanized. Nasty little buggers. My neighbor used to just scrap them off a limb into a hive shell and set them up. Glad to see you and your wife getting involved. Honey bees have had a hard time of it lately. That is why honey is so expensive now.

Offline R.FINCHUM

• New Forum Member
« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2014, 08:17:24 AM »
One cute story, I hope. We have several humming bird feeders around the porch and yard and the bees started to cover them up to get the sugar water. One morning a humming bird came up and tried to get to the feeder. A bee came up and tried to run the bird off. They acutally fought like earl flynn and one of his enemies. I watched for a few seconds and wished I had a video camera handy. Never seen anything like it. A honey bee and a humming bird going at it like two sword fighters or something. loved it.

Offline David @ Mad Duck Game Calls

• New Forum Member
« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2014, 08:34:36 AM »
If you think killing a wall full of bees is bad, you would crap yourself if you saw what we do!! lol. I've been going with my dad to work since I was three and I have helped him remove at least 20 beehives, some so big we've had to use multiple cans of P.I. The bee keepers around here are to lazy to come get them unless they're swarming...... On the most recent job we scooped out 4 five gallon buckets full of honey and honey comb out. It was in the attic of an abandoned building someone was restoring. I've got a bunch of bee story's, but I'm sure you don't want to here about 'em!!! Lol    :beer: 
David
"If you want me to agree with you, I can, but then we'd both be wrong" 

Mad Duck Game Calls Facebook Page

Mad Duck Game Calls Website