Author Topic: Reed Slap vs Vibration  (Read 13687 times)

BLKDOGS

Re: Reed Slap vs Vibration
« Reply #45 on: March 20, 2014, 05:04:17 PM »
Guys, I did get some video today and will share soon. I have a several things to do tonight. I don't want to tease you just trying to keep you up dated. It looks real cool and when I get my thoughts and comments ready I will post.   Might be Friday or sat morning.

Offline Andre's Wood Works aka: TheDecoyDude

• New Forum Member
« Reply #46 on: March 20, 2014, 11:08:42 PM »
SWEEET!!!! :bigup: Can't wait! ~Andre'

Offline R.FINCHUM

• New Forum Member
« Reply #47 on: March 21, 2014, 09:47:19 AM »
I just read what you guys have been doing last nite. I am interested in seeing the results, too. But I know what makes a reed stick is air either being channeled over or under at a force too hard for the tone channel to handle. I have made calls that if you blow at and angle, up or down, it would squeal or stick. Blow straight in and it sounded good. I had to adjust the tone board or the reed to get the problem fixed or pitch the tone board altogether. The tone board being too long sticks. Too short and it squeals. The length of the reed, too short or long, has the same effect. My son and I had a spit tech call and would watch the reed when the other blew it. If the reed touches the tone board it sticks. That is why most no stick calls have either a cut away tone board or slots filed into the board. Too wide and flat,long, the moisture makes the reed stick so it cant vibrate. But as in most stuff in life, I COULD BE WRONG. :hysterical:

Offline Chris at Owens Custom Calls

• New Forum Member
    • Owens Custom Calls
« Reply #48 on: March 21, 2014, 10:38:23 AM »
Guys, I did get some video today and will share soon. I have a several things to do tonight. I don't want to tease you just trying to keep you up dated. It looks real cool and when I get my thoughts and comments ready I will post.   Might be Friday or sat morning.

Not teasing, huh?   :tt2:

You're killing me!
« Last Edit: March 22, 2014, 07:59:20 PM by Chris at Owens Custom Calls »