Author Topic: If you had to pick just one set of guts.....  (Read 19422 times)

Offline Chris @ STW Outdoors

• New Forum Member
Re: If you had to pick just one set of guts.....
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2014, 09:25:23 PM »
Joe - Had to look at what I posted again to answer your question. :hysterical: No, the exhaust would only have 2.25 showing because 3/4 of your overall 3inches would be a tenon for O-rings. Does that clear it up? Also, the dimensions I gave are a starting point. The sound you want will determine final dimensions. My barrels are a bit shorter than three inches. I did do  a call that is roughly 2.5 inches in total length assembled. The great thing about custom is that we can do what ever we want. Love this stuff.   
Chris Wright

Andrew-Brown

« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2014, 09:31:54 AM »
Ive always loved saunders reds. They have ran great in every call I put them in and are a breeze to tune. Break them in a bit and they are downright goose.  Ive always wondered if they are Webfoots reds though?

Offline Joe aka COLD @ J. A. Kolter Calls

• New Forum Member
    • www.jakoltercalls.com
« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2014, 10:20:40 AM »
Joe - Had to look at what I posted again to answer your question. :hysterical: No, the exhaust would only have 2.25 showing because 3/4 of your overall 3inches would be a tenon for O-rings. Does that clear it up? Also, the dimensions I gave are a starting point. The sound you want will determine final dimensions. My barrels are a bit shorter than three inches. I did do  a call that is roughly 2.5 inches in total length assembled. The great thing about custom is that we can do what ever we want. Love this stuff.
Thanks Chris.  Great clarification to clear that up in my mind.  Most of my short-reeds are about 5 3/8" of total assembled length, but I am still playing because I to love this stuff.
J. A. KOLTER CALLS
"Lifetime custom made hunting calls for a reasonable price".

• New Forum Member
« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2014, 10:30:34 AM »
How about they are Webfoot's reds and blues. Pretty sure if you were to compare, you may find some similarities, if not exact dimensions.
Chris Wright

• New Forum Member
« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2014, 04:23:57 PM »
Well there ya go. Could have fooled me. Of course it wouldn't be the first time  :hysterical:
Chris Wright

Offline Wade@WEBFoot

• New Forum Member
    • WEBFoot Custom Calls
« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2014, 03:30:47 PM »
Just a little clarification...  in case anyone wants it.

I dont, and wont say, who makes the guts I carry, unless they are ones I personally make.  The reason being...  some of my vendors do not want to be known, and that was the only reason they would let me start carrying their guts back years ago.  Some dont care, but I just apply the "I dont say" to all the guts I carry, so I dont slip up and say something that might upset a manufacturer sometime.

That being said...  the ONLY guts that I make that I sell on my site are the SR101, SR102, and SR103.  And the only reeds that are my design are the WCGR1, WCGR2, WCDR1, and WCDR2.  I also make the guts for my own calls, but they are not available on the website.  Only available with a call.

In addition... so many different places seem to use so many of the same guts, that I really dont even have a clue what all the different names some of these guts might go by.  Ive heard rumor this gut or that gut is the same as this or that call makers "such n such" guts...  but I cant verify it... since I dont have a set of what ever guts in hand.  Im sure someone who knows the various guts, could figure out what is what... and I expect over time, people will.  But its just not something I feel is good for me to advertise so I dont slip up and say something I shouldnt.

I guess the biggest thing out of all of this, is I shouldnt be getting credit for guts I didnt design or build...  and shy of the SR101, 102, and 103 guts...  I didnt design or build em.  I know it doesnt clear the water a bunch... but I felt it kind of important people know I am not the manufacturer of most of my guts.  I dont do any injection or cast molding here at all at the present time.

Cheers all!

Wade

[edit] in addition... some of the various guts I carry, I dont get reeds with, and pair the guts with reeds I carry.  So Im sure that could confuse things a bit more since a gut might match but a reed might not.

« Last Edit: January 14, 2014, 03:37:03 PM by Wade@WEBFoot »
www.webfootcustomcalls.com
Call Making Tools, Parts, Services... and calls when I have time :D

Offline gooseforsupper

• New Forum Member
    • Goose For Supper, Exotic Wood Goose Calls
« Reply #21 on: January 14, 2014, 10:06:20 PM »
Wade,
You used to have a SR-7 gut, and I still have a few of them.  I have been messing with them lately, and some are ending up on my lanyard.  What's the closest thing you have to them now?? 

Thanks!
Doug

Offline Wade@WEBFoot

• New Forum Member
    • WEBFoot Custom Calls
« Reply #22 on: January 15, 2014, 11:15:17 AM »
Honestly, I dont really remember them well enough to have even a guess.  They stick in my mind as a set of guts that wasnt really my style, so I know I didnt spend much time with them...  which Im sure is not helping my memory.

I think youll find those guts on the echo website if youre wanting to get more.

Wade
www.webfootcustomcalls.com
Call Making Tools, Parts, Services... and calls when I have time :D

Offline VECtor Calls

• Global Mentor & Moderator
  • New Forum Member
  • VECtor Custom Calls
    • VECtor Custom Calls
« Reply #23 on: August 23, 2015, 04:04:18 PM »
Another goose bump (LOL) B Hoover dug up for us.
Pass on the tradition. A candle loses nothing by lighting another candle.

VECtor Custom Calls
Deer Grunt Calls Turkey Calls and Other Custom Game Calls