Author Topic: Wes Townzen decoy  (Read 1774 times)

Offline Flight Control CC

• Custom Call Maker
Wes Townzen decoy
« on: November 10, 2013, 11:46:53 AM »
Well guys, I spoke with Wes a few weeks ago to inquire about purchasing one of his hand carved decoys. It was an absolute pleasure talking with Wes. The talent and craftsmanship is absolutely incredible.

I work out of town every week, and I couldn't wait to show my wife his work. So I forward the email from Wes to her so she could look at his work. To my surprise, she purchased the wood duck decoy I loved. Saturday was our 11 year anniversary and that is the gift I received. It was very thoughtful of her and it's so much better than I ever imagined. The pictures Wes sent me were great, don't get me wrong. But holding it in your hands and seeing his attention to detail is second to none. Wood ducks are my favorite duck. I have several mounted in my home. Wes's decoys almost look like they are breathing they look so real.

I will certainly own a few more to add to my collection. It is safe to say that his decoy is one of my new prized possessions. If I had a nickel for every time I walked into the other room to look at it, I could have already bought 2 or 3 more.

Mr. Wes, it was a pleasure talking with you the other day and your talent jaw dropping. Thank you!

I will post pictures soon.

-Alan

Offline Wes

• Custom Call Maker
Re: Wes Townzen decoy
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2013, 03:15:28 PM »
Well, I see she gave it to you, there was some discussion about Christmas or your anniversary but after getting it I think she couldn't wait till Christmas. Glad you like it and it made it down to you safe, never know with the USPS. Thanks..

Wes
There is a fine line between hobby  and mental illness .

Offline Flight Control CC

• Custom Call Maker
Re: Wes Townzen decoy
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2013, 03:25:19 PM »
Well Wes, she knew that I was going to buy it either way and knew I wouldn't wait until Christmas. There was a method to my madness in sending her the email. Nothing wrong in dropping hints along the way. Thanks again sir!