Author Topic: Sound boards  (Read 1582 times)

Offline SG Watkins

• New Forum Member
Sound boards
« on: November 04, 2013, 08:33:19 AM »
I would like to do a glass over glass and/or slate pot call. I would like to put a symbol of a turkey or something on the sound board. How is the best way to do this?  Print it on a sticker?  What material works best? 

Stacy

Offline M. Wells

• New Forum Member
Re: Sound boards
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2013, 09:18:05 PM »
Not sure on what type of decal I have made some at our print shop an tacked them to the sound board, wood burn some struttin ole toms on wood sound boards. One cool thing I have done is made a stencil out of some plastic sheetng an used armour etch an etched a struting tom in the glass thats really cool. Its really unlimited what you can do.
M.Wells
Making Game Calls is a spiritual thing !!

Offline Scott Ashburn

• New Forum Member
Re: Sound boards
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2013, 08:48:10 PM »
Something I like to do, is paint the soundboard to a color that would accent the rest of the call, then glue in a breast feather on it.  then sign off to the side of the feather.   I also have a laser shop that does all my laser work.  His laser will do nice work on glass also.  I haven't done one yet, but have plans to do one.  That is another option if you can find someone that does laser work.  A lot of trophy, and award shops have laser machines and can do custom work for you.  Good luck with it.  Would love to see what you come up with.