Author Topic: Goose call guts  (Read 6934 times)

Offline BigB

• THO Game Calls Forum Manager
  • Administrator
  • New Forum Member
    • Byers Custom Calls THO gallery
Goose call guts
« on: December 15, 2008, 06:27:05 PM »

I'd thought that I'd start a thread that displays a picture of some of the goose guts out there.

Here's what I have on hand now, and more are on the way.

Top row, Left to Right:  Shell Creek, Webfoot SR1, Webfoot SR5, Webfoot SR4
Bottom row, Left to Right:  Flyway X, Flyway

Here's the easiest way to determine if the Keats guts are Flyway or Flyway X

If there are other guts out there, feel free to add to the post.

Brian
You won't get money rich in this hobby.  The richness is in the culture, the craft, the friends you meet along the way, and being able to call in a wary game animal with a call that you made with your own hands.

Offline Braz

• THO Game Calls Asst Forum Manager
  • Administrator
  • New Forum Member
    • Calls by Braz
Re: Goose call guts
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2008, 10:11:13 PM »
Brian, on that second picture, I think you intended to show the raised lettering, but it doesn't show up. How about rubbing some chalk across it and retake the picture. That should show the lettering.
Braz
"Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress.. But I repeat myself."--Mark Twain

“Witnessing the Republicans and the Democrats bicker over the U.S. debt is like watching two drunks argue over a bar bill on the Titanic.”

Offline VECtor Calls

• Global Mentor & Moderator
  • New Forum Member
  • VECtor Custom Calls
    • VECtor Custom Calls
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2008, 10:47:27 PM »
Brian, I'll be interested to see the difference in the SR1 guts and the ECHO guts I've got on Thursday.

Parker
Pass on the tradition. A candle loses nothing by lighting another candle.

VECtor Custom Calls
Deer Grunt Calls Turkey Calls and Other Custom Game Calls

Offline Jeff @ Mutt Calls

• New Forum Member
  • MUTT Game Calls
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2008, 05:06:06 AM »
I've never used the Keats Guts.  I have used all the WEBFOOT SR series guts and all are impressive.  Guts from Call Makers Supply are very nice as well, they are the A series.  What do you guys think about the ECHO guts and Shell Creek guts?  I'm going to make a few sets of my own from Delrin and see what I can come up with.  It's fairly easy to do.

Mutt~
For it is in the Woods, Fields, & Marshes that Retrievers make thier own legends... and become our heroes!

muttcalls@gmail

Offline BigB

• Administrator
  • New Forum Member
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2008, 08:52:50 AM »

I've got some GK "EDGE" guts coming in sometime as well.  I'll order some Fojacks sometime when he gets the handoff completed over there.

I'm not a 100% sure on this one, but I'm pretty confident in saying that the A6's from Webfoot are the same as the Shell Creek guts.  They are the one's that I have messed with the most.

I've never tried the echo guts.

And Braz, I'll see what I can do to show the letters inside of the Keats guts.

Brian
You won't get money rich in this hobby.  The richness is in the culture, the craft, the friends you meet along the way, and being able to call in a wary game animal with a call that you made with your own hands.

Offline BigB

• Administrator
  • New Forum Member
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2008, 09:26:53 AM »

Here's a little bit better pic of the Flyway X and Flyway guts.

Brian

Offline Braz

• THO Game Calls Asst Forum Manager
  • Administrator
  • New Forum Member
    • Calls by Braz
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2008, 12:06:04 PM »
Oh yea, that is better. Thanks.
Braz
"Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress.. But I repeat myself."--Mark Twain

“Witnessing the Republicans and the Democrats bicker over the U.S. debt is like watching two drunks argue over a bar bill on the Titanic.”

Bubba

« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2008, 01:35:02 PM »
I've been having good luck with the Shell Creek guts and some from Wingtipsdown. Just got my order from Custom Calls and will try those in my next call.
Love the way the Wingtipsdown guts sound!

• New Forum Member
  • MUTT Game Calls
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2008, 01:55:19 PM »
Man, those Wing Tips Down guts are high dollar aren't they?
For it is in the Woods, Fields, & Marshes that Retrievers make thier own legends... and become our heroes!

muttcalls@gmail

Offline VECtor Calls

• Global Mentor & Moderator
  • New Forum Member
  • VECtor Custom Calls
    • VECtor Custom Calls
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2008, 07:26:16 PM »
 :wacko:  Wing Tips Down is a new one on me.  Another one for me to take a look at to compare.   :clap:

Parker
Pass on the tradition. A candle loses nothing by lighting another candle.

VECtor Custom Calls
Deer Grunt Calls Turkey Calls and Other Custom Game Calls

• New Forum Member
  • MUTT Game Calls
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2008, 10:36:27 AM »
Sorry to sound so needy.  I need some gut-sert advice.  I have some guts that fit a .612 - .625 bore and some that fit a .615 - .625 bore. Two different sets of guts.  Gut serts come in .619 & .625 bores.  What gut sert would be your choice?  I know the fit usually is "wedge dependent".  I think my thought is get the .619 gutsert and sand the wedge to a proper fit into the bore with the sound board/reed assembly.

Thanks,

Mutt~

muttcalls@gmail

Offline clent586

• New Forum Member
« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2008, 06:18:42 PM »
Wade over at Webfoot now offers a .614 gutsert. I bought some for Grounds and Zink guts. May wanna try them. Clent

Bubba

« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2008, 08:58:52 AM »
:wacko:  Wing Tips Down is a new one on me.  Another one for me to take a look at to compare.   :clap:

Parker
His website shows only quantities of 100. I spoke with him and he said he will take small orders and is going to sell his guts for $6 apiece. I have the ones with the rounded toneboard and they sound awesome and are very fast. These are my go to set so far. 

Offline clent586

• New Forum Member
« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2008, 10:13:56 AM »

Parker
His website shows only quantities of 100. I spoke with him and he said he will take small orders and is going to sell his guts for $6 apiece. I have the ones with the rounded toneboard and they sound awesome and are very fast. These are my go to set so far. 

What is the website? I would like to try as well. Clent*********NEVERMIND, I FOUND IT**************
« Last Edit: December 23, 2008, 10:17:31 AM by clent586 »

Bubba

« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2008, 09:08:26 PM »
I've been running the WTD-A,St guts and they sound awesome, nice and fast. The others I haven't played with as much yet.
Tell Tony Bubba sent you!!!