Author Topic: Odd problem  (Read 4763 times)

Offline Joe Short

• New Forum Member
Re: Odd problem
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2013, 09:59:26 AM »
I'm with Lewis. When I was first trying to get my toneboards worked out, I set up a mirror and pulled air through the exhaust (sucked air from the end) before drilling a taper. This lets you see how the reed interacts with the toneboard. Most of the time, locking up is caused by the reed laying flat, not raising up. A slight modification in your radii can make a world of difference. Another way to observe this relationship is with a clear barrel and a mirror or video camera, the benefit of this method being that your exhaust taper will come into play.
"We have a lot of great call makers in NC. Maybe more call makers than ducks." - JCZ

Offline wlain

• New Forum Member
Re: Odd problem
« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2013, 08:56:44 PM »
I am unable to post anything other than cell pics.  I live way out in the sticks and have to get back to the office before posting good camera pictures.  Any how I got the problem worked out.  Somehow I am talking about the same fern thing in cereal call making and in duck call making threads.

The guys locking the call up are in no way amateurs.  They know exactly what they are doing behind a call.  Much better then I can ever be.  It was not a mater of ability for sure.