Poll

Who is coming to the turnathon? 21-24 February.

I'll see you then
10 (50%)
Can't do it
6 (30%)
Big ol' maybe.
4 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Author Topic: Attendance  (Read 17286 times)

Offline Joe Short

• Tutorial Contributor
  • Custom Call Maker
Re: Attendance
« Reply #105 on: February 22, 2014, 12:33:05 PM »
Only thing that showed up USPS was from Al.

Postwoman pulled a fast one and brought a second box late in the afternoon! DBrosWoods goodies!
« Last Edit: February 23, 2014, 09:17:48 PM by Joe Short »
"We have a lot of great call makers in NC. Maybe more call makers than ducks." - JCZ

Offline Mac Dietrich

• Tutorial Contributor
  • Custom Call Maker
    • McClain Dietrich Custom Game Calls
« Reply #106 on: February 22, 2014, 01:10:18 PM »
Only thing that showed up USPS was from Al.

Man I'm sorry bud y'all didn't get that wood today it was supposed to have been there today...it will be there Monday but won't do any good then for y'all today and tomarrow

Offline Henry H

• Tutorial Contributor
  • Custom Call Maker
    • HH Reelfoot Call Journal
« Reply #107 on: February 22, 2014, 09:51:28 PM »
Man, what a great time!  Unfortunately I had to leave early so only made one day of it, but met some great guys, learned ALOT, had some great boston butt Jeff smoked, and mainly had an awesome time shooting the breeze and sharing stories and tips.  I'm already looking forward to doing it again!

Joe, huge thanks for opening your shop and hosting us!  And thanks to the others for bringing lathes, tools, and some great wood, but mainly for the lessons.  I also walked away with a few great turkey and duck calls.  I'll look forward to pics of what you guys make tomorrow!

And, finally, thanks to the great folks here who supported the first NC Turnathon with supplies - I know Joe is planning to post some pics and thank yous, but you folks really outid yourselves!

Henry

Offline VECtor Calls

• Global Mentor & Moderator
  • Custom Call Maker
  • VECtor Custom Calls
    • VECtor Custom Calls
« Reply #108 on: February 22, 2014, 10:59:30 PM »
I am sure glad you guys are getting to experience how awesome these events can be!  Here's to Joe for hosting this event!  I can't wait for pictures!

Vince
Pass on the tradition. A candle loses nothing by lighting another candle.

VECtor Custom Calls
Deer Grunt Calls Turkey Calls and Other Custom Game Calls

Offline Dave @ Hagermans Custom Calls

• Custom Call Maker
« Reply #109 on: February 23, 2014, 08:09:17 AM »
 WOW what an awesome event, and you could not ask for a greater group of guys. Thanks to Joe and his wife for hosting this event. I wish this would of been  a week long event, It is hard to believe how much you can learn in such a short amount of time. There are many talented call makers and everyone has there own tricks and way of doing things. Henry thank you for showing us how to make a true Reelfoot call That was a special treat. I think everyone drooled over your work. Also THANKS  to all the vendors for the donations it is truly appreciated the amount of wood and calling supplies brought by everyone with the donations made it like Christmas morning. If you could not make this event this year you have to find a way to make it next year I promise you will not want to miss it. Thanks again to every one. And thanks for teaching me to eyeball and the wd40 wood finish.

2015 NWTF Southeast Call Makers Comp.   
1st. Place Other ( Deer Grunt ).                   
2nd Place Scratch box
4th  Place Trough Call
3rd. Place Push Pin

2016 Southeast Call Makers Comp.
1st Scratch and Push Pin
2nd Scratch Box
3rd Push Pin and Trough Call
4th Trough Call

Offline Henry H

• Tutorial Contributor
  • Custom Call Maker
    • HH Reelfoot Call Journal
« Reply #110 on: February 23, 2014, 09:17:22 AM »
No worries about the wood, Mac... there was no shortage of wood!  Sorry you couldn't make it - hopefully next year!

Man I'm sorry bud y'all didn't get that wood today it was supposed to have been there today...it will be there Monday but won't do any good then for y'all today and tomarrow

Offline Robert Jordan

• Custom Call Maker
« Reply #111 on: February 23, 2014, 04:53:06 PM »
I'm sorry I wasn't there the whole time, but man I learned a few great tricks. Meet some outstanding people that didn't judge a new turner.  I can't say how awesome and talented you all were. And again big big thanks to Joe and Miranda for hosting! :thanks:

Offline Jeff @ Mutt Calls

• Custom Call Maker
  • MUTT Game Calls
« Reply #112 on: February 24, 2014, 08:10:58 AM »
Robert, you have an excellent teacher right there where you are!  Joe has "all" the talent and know how to get you where you want to be. Like I told you, if you ever need anything, please dont hesitate to ask and I'll be glad to help.  Remember this... keep it tight like "Spanx"!!!

Jeff
For it is in the Woods, Fields, & Marshes that Retrievers make thier own legends... and become our heroes!

muttcalls@gmail

Offline Al_at_THO Game Calls

• Owner, THO Game Calls Forums & Store
  • Administrator
  • Custom Call Maker
« Reply #113 on: February 24, 2014, 08:24:41 AM »
Remember this... keep it tight like "Spanx"!!!

OK - so what REALLY went on at this turn a thon..............or do we want to know   :innocent:

Al @ THO

• Custom Call Maker
  • MUTT Game Calls
« Reply #114 on: February 25, 2014, 06:22:40 AM »
Long story, Al...... Long story!  We kept it clean.....mostly!

Jeff
For it is in the Woods, Fields, & Marshes that Retrievers make thier own legends... and become our heroes!

muttcalls@gmail

Offline John_Willocks

• Custom Call Maker
« Reply #115 on: October 22, 2014, 10:24:39 AM »
I would love to come, just have to make sure I don't have any training those days.
Fowl waters custom calls

• Custom Call Maker
  • MUTT Game Calls
« Reply #116 on: October 22, 2014, 12:03:03 PM »
Hey John, wrong thread bro!  Go to the 2015 Turn A Thon thread. Hope you can make it!

Jeff

muttcalls@gmail

Offline rodney gillikin

• Custom Call Maker
« Reply #117 on: January 02, 2015, 07:57:12 PM »
i would like to come but if I have to work or something comes up but I will be there if I can I live on bettie nc  . im very new to turning wood but aways wanted to make calls duck and turkey but more turkey. need to know where address and time .thanks :bigup:
Pure T Momicked Game Calls

Offline Joe Short

• Tutorial Contributor
  • Custom Call Maker
« Reply #118 on: January 02, 2015, 08:24:49 PM »
Rodney, shot you a PM... this is last year's thread. Have a look at the 2015 thread, we're working out the details.
"We have a lot of great call makers in NC. Maybe more call makers than ducks." - JCZ