The Art of Handcrafting Custom Game Calls > Handcrafting Traditional Reelfoot Duck Calls

Dennison duck call man record

(1/3) > >>

Henry H:
I'm having a ball making reelfoot calls thanks to FDR, and this has me increasingly interested in the history of them.  I'm particularly interested in how the old masters blew them, and have been searching for one of Dennison's records for a while, to no avail.  Do any of you have one?  Would you be willing to make me a recording?

BigB:

If you are able to make it to Reelfoot Lake in October for the call makers gathering, you will be able to hear a lot of folks blow a Reelfoot style call.

I also hear that Ron Dowda is going to put on a short presentation on how he makes Reelfoot style toneboards. If you haven't ever seen one of Ron's Reelfoot inserts, you won't find another so precisely made. His wedge is perfectly fitted to the toneboard without any gaps anywhere.

Brian

Cedar Creek:
Yes, I have one given to me by Tom Dennison, give me a call and we will see what we can do on this. Earl had a song that he would play on his calls, that is quite interesting.  gary at 615-202-8342

Henry H:
Unfortumately, Brian, no shot of getting there this year... but it is going on my list of things to do in coming years.

Gary, thanks, that is very generous!  I have to work tonight, but will try to give you a buzz tomorrow afternoon.  Thanks!

FDR:
If you guys can figure out how to put a part or all of the record on youtube several of us would like to also hear it.
Here is a link to a Wade Bourne instruction/demo of Reelfoot style calling you might enjoy.

Fred

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version