The Art of Handcrafting Custom Game Calls > Handcrafting Custom Lanyards

How I make my hangman's knots

<< < (2/4) > >>

VECtor Calls:
 ;D  Momma's gonna like this one!

Parker

Braz:
OH? Is she the one making your lanyards? I wish I could get my wife making some for me. All she does is make quilts. Lots of them. Got the darned things everywhere I look. Maybe 20+ a year. Lanyards are cheaper to make and take less room. I gotta work on that woman.

BigB:

Braz, I keep the cord up towards the head of the screw.  That serves a couple of purposes.  It keeps the cord off of the threads to prevent damage to the cord.  And the head of the screw keeps the cord from slipping off the top of the peg.  I tried using a straight peg at first.  The straight peg kept allowing the cord to pop off over the top of the peg. >:(  You could notch the peg, but why not just use a screw instead?  If you notice, there are a couple of other screw holes in the board.  I tried different hole patterns at first and the screws are really easy to move around on the board to get the desired spacing. ;D

Brian

dogcatcher:
I hadn't thought of a smooth top allowing the cord to slip off, been quite awhile since I have made a lanyard, my DIL makes ours.  I will see what she wants, and then go from there.  I have no idea how she keeps the drops uniform length, she may have something similar to this or her own version.  Still a slick idea.

Marvin

Braz:
Brian, I now understand your logic, and it is good stuff.  ;D I still would rather not have those sharp thread of a screw, and would maybe try someting else. But I sure do see the need for the head to keep the cord from slipping off. Great idea.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version