Author Topic: looking for free black acrylic blank for duck call barrel ASAP  (Read 16184 times)

Offline Northern Flyway Game Calls

• New Forum Member
Re: looking for free black acrylic blank for duck call barrel ASAP
« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2013, 09:56:09 PM »
i have been away at my church so i havent been able to be on the internet . i just got everyones replays . Thank you mr robert a. i will send you my address soon im still working out bugs. i have been getting a lot of questions about my age and my personal info. and how i should introduce myself . but to be totally honest with you all I'm a minor and just because i wish not to give away my personal info. second off i wish to aplogize for my actions for openly asking for materials. i didnt mean to start anything.

Offline Flight Control CC

• New Forum Member
« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2013, 10:04:23 PM »
First off welcome. There are several good folks here that will help you out with anything from tips, to the shirts off of their back. So please understand nobody's is her to bash you. With that being said......you have to understand when you enter a new place and ask for a hand out, people are inclined to ask a few simple, not so personal questions. How long have you been making calls, your age ect. No one wants your SS# or address. Just a little info on OUR passion would work. What style of call you make, do you prefer double or single reed calls ect. I wish I started making calls at 16! What folks are asking is for just a little more info about you. You are in a great position to make a second impression and here you have that chance. At 16, you can gain a wealth of knowledge from the guys here that took me forever to figure out on my own. I have learned a ton from this place and wouldn't hesitate to pm any member here for info. So take the time to start over and give a proper introduction it will go miles with the guys here. Good luck, and happy turning.....Alan

• New Forum Member
« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2013, 10:13:57 PM »
hello everyone . i wish to not give my name but my user name is tccalls . i am a young gun(16 years old)  and i am a duckaholic . i have just started turning (1 year ago) and i have been hooked since . im selling mallard hen double reed duck calls and deer grunts . im selling them because my family is tight with money and my mother is a stay at home mom raisng me and 5 other kids in my family me being oldest. i recently approached this form wrongly and i ask for your forgiveness and i will have calls posted soon thank you

"fear god, love your neighbor and hunt ducks" -phil robertson

Offline Flight Control CC

• New Forum Member
« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2013, 10:20:37 PM »
Good to meet ya bud! Glad you started over, as a young man once myself, I respect your new, humble approach! If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask, this is the place. Look forward to seeing your work.

Alan

Barry @ WildThings

« Reply #19 on: May 01, 2013, 11:05:41 PM »
Wow Robert that is a great offer and very sound advice. Let's see what he does!

Well Robert it looks like he did good!!

Offline jawaterfowl

• New Forum Member
  • Jonathan Arp
« Reply #20 on: May 02, 2013, 12:10:22 AM »
 :2up:
Jonathan Arp

Offline Robert A.

• New Forum Member
« Reply #21 on: May 03, 2013, 06:40:52 PM »
I Have been tied up, will try to ship out your acrylic tomorrow.
Triple Shot Game Calls
http://www.tripleshotgamecalls.com/
If you don't take a chance you will never get a chance!!!

• New Forum Member
« Reply #22 on: May 03, 2013, 06:46:29 PM »
thank you robert for being so generous. if you need a name to put on the box ill pm me and ill give you my fathers name

Offline JK@Strut-N-Custom Calls

• New Forum Member
« Reply #23 on: May 04, 2013, 07:31:06 AM »
Tccalls I have not posted much on this site. With that being said its a great group of guys that I look foward to reading every new post on this site. We're not axe murderers looking for a 16 year old boy. We're all here to have fun and look at some amazing work. While I have not posted an introduction yet the few questions I have asked have been more than answered.

Ill do my intro as an example.

Hey guys my name is Jeremy Key and I'm from Guntersville, AL. I have been building calls for a little over a year. I have mainly been working on cost style boxes and have just started working on crow calls and pot calls. I'm a turkey hunter born and bred aint nothing in this world I  would rather do as sit in Gods country and listen to an ole Tom sing his tunes. I look foward to talking and learnjng with you guys.

God Bless,
Jeremy Key
« Last Edit: May 04, 2013, 07:32:58 AM by JK@Strut-N-Custom Calls »

Offline VECtor Calls

• Global Mentor & Moderator
  • New Forum Member
  • VECtor Custom Calls
    • VECtor Custom Calls
« Reply #24 on: May 04, 2013, 09:16:45 AM »
tccalls, being younger and wanting to be a call maker using the internet, at some point pretty darn soon, you're going to have to leave a footprint.  Make it professional, and build on it.  Folks are going to have to know your name and know your address.  There's just no way around it......buying supplies, selling calls, trading calls.....etc. 

Be smart in who you have contact with, and how much information you give out.  Not giving out even a name though.....the problem with you not giving out your name is that your credibility can then suffer from it.  I am not telling you to plainly state your name and address in this thread either.  Just think about how being weary (so much so, that you're repeating it over and over) can hurt you AND help you. 

Vince

Pass on the tradition. A candle loses nothing by lighting another candle.

VECtor Custom Calls
Deer Grunt Calls Turkey Calls and Other Custom Game Calls

• New Forum Member
« Reply #25 on: May 04, 2013, 09:46:29 AM »
thank you vince for some tips on the thread  :thanks:

• New Forum Member
« Reply #26 on: May 04, 2013, 09:48:25 AM »
jeremy thanks for the advice too ill be posting some photos soon :thanks:

Offline dogcatcher

• New Forum Member
« Reply #27 on: May 04, 2013, 12:52:55 PM »
Tccalls I have not posted much on this site. With that being said its a great group of guys that I look foward to reading every new post on this site. We're not axe murderers looking for a 16 year old boy. We're all here to have fun and look at some amazing work. While I have not posted an introduction yet the few questions I have asked have been more than answered.

Ill do my intro as an example.

Hey guys my name is Jeremy Key and I'm from Guntersville, AL. I have been building calls for a little over a year. I have mainly been working on cost style boxes and have just started working on crow calls and pot calls. I'm a turkey hunter born and bred aint nothing in this world I  would rather do as sit in Gods country and listen to an ole Tom sing his tunes. I look foward to talking and learnjng with you guys.

God Bless,
Jeremy Key

I am sorry but I disagree, my wife is a semi retired crime victims advocate, that still volunteers.  Until you are older, she would tell you to use your first name only and a general location.  Using your county location is better if you live in a small community, now if you live in Dallas, TX, using your home town would be different. 

Regardless of what kind of people we think watch this forum, you never know what kind of nuts are actually watching the forum just for the purpose of preying on young men or women.  Or for any other purpose, list your full name and home town, then saying you will be on a week long hunt, pretty well tells everyone watching the forum you have guns, your home will be unoccupied and available for free pickings.

Marvin
Combat Infantryman, the ultimate hunter where the prey shoots back.
Old style calls for today's outdoorsman
"Call and they will come."
Helping those that are helping themselves.

Offline Joe aka COLD @ J. A. Kolter Calls

• New Forum Member
    • www.jakoltercalls.com
« Reply #28 on: May 04, 2013, 01:12:04 PM »
The first thing a young gun should learn is to shoulder his weapon correctly and when taking custom call orders tell yours customers if you have the materials to finish a call.  Either the materials are in stock and available or its a back order that you will need to complete by ordering the materials you need.
You should not be afraid to mention your name and where you are from.  Nobody will steal your personal information here.  Most folks here will send you something free to help you along the way, but you need to ask properly.  I myself am not one of those folks, I would need to know you first before I would pay shipping charges to mail out free stuff.
J. A. KOLTER CALLS
"Lifetime custom made hunting calls for a reasonable price".

• New Forum Member
« Reply #29 on: May 04, 2013, 01:15:59 PM »
thanks marvin and joe for the advise  .. i tell you both im learning a lot more on how to handle my business from you guys . i send you guys a HUGE THANK YOU. :)