Author Topic: looking for free black acrylic blank for duck call barrel ASAP  (Read 16186 times)

Offline Northern Flyway Game Calls

• New Forum Member
i posted this in a later thread but i am looking for a  free black acrylic duck call barrel blank ASAP :thanks:

Offline Brian at DDT Game Calls

• New Forum Member
Re: looking for free black acrylic blank for duck call barrel ASAP
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2013, 04:29:53 PM »
dunno if anything is free, you never know though

Offline BigB

• THO Game Calls Forum Manager
  • Administrator
  • New Forum Member
    • Byers Custom Calls THO gallery
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2013, 04:31:01 PM »

Where are you located at?  And why are you needing this so bad?  And why are you trying to get it for free?
You won't get money rich in this hobby.  The richness is in the culture, the craft, the friends you meet along the way, and being able to call in a wary game animal with a call that you made with your own hands.

• New Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2013, 05:13:31 PM »
im located in michigan and am behind on a few orders money is in small quantities right now and cant afford acrylic right now but the calls im behind in acrylic

Offline Al_at_THO Game Calls

• Owner, THO Game Calls Forums & Store
  • Administrator
  • New Forum Member
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2013, 05:31:37 PM »
This forum is like a family.   The guys here will bend over backwards to help each other out, but goodness -

Please do not make repeated post for the same topic in the forums.    Every unread post shows up on every users screen as NEW, so no one is going to miss the first post you made.

I would also recommend that you take a few minutes of your time to introduce yourself and let everyone know a little about you, what kind of calls you make, how long you have been at it, you know -  the things any civilized person might do when meeting a bunch of new people for the first time.   

We're a friendly forum, but.........  I suggest you start over, and try using some manners and common courtesy.   Just barging in and demanding people do something for you, without even a name, is kind of - well - rude.   

I'm going to delete your first thread on this subject.   There is no reason to have them both.   

Thank you

Al Woodard
Owner THO Game Calls

« Last Edit: May 01, 2013, 07:44:33 PM by Al_at_THO Game Calls »

Offline Mac Dietrich

• New Forum Member
    • McClain Dietrich Custom Game Calls
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2013, 05:43:09 PM »
Couldn't agree more Al...I would send any member on here anything I had. Problem is WE don't know anything about you. So I wouldn't be inclined to send anything. This site is a tool used by many some are just guest, and some are a closed knit sorta family. My suggestion would be if you need a piece of black acrylic you contact any of the advertisers that help pay for this site and then get to know guys on here and maybe show pics of what you do... Most of us like pics! Then after all that I'd probley be inclined to send ya anything ya needed....just cause ya needed it.

• New Forum Member
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2013, 05:52:41 PM »
al yes i am new still working out the bugs at first i didnt see my first thread after the first few comments .. this technology stuff is tough work .. but thank you for the warning   and i understand that now but to be honest im only a kid  ... i don want any confrontation i was just trying to look for a way to fill out orders .

Offline Chris at Owens Custom Calls

• New Forum Member
    • Owens Custom Calls
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2013, 07:02:20 PM »
Young buck, let me give you a good piece of advice. Don't take an order requiring materials you don't have or can't get. Nobody on this forum would turn their back on anyone in need. But making your first post looking for free stuff looks pretty bad.

Offline Robert A.

• New Forum Member
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2013, 07:21:48 PM »
Well TCCALLS, Here is the deal I only have some Black Pearl in the shop. I will part ways with it if you would like it, in return I expect you to send me $5.00 for my shipping cost when you make your return on your sold call. Having said that, being a kid is not excuse for rudeness, had my son approached anyone looking for a handout I would have back handed him without question. Now moving forward please take this as Constructive Criticism and apply it in a positive manner to your future call making.

1.) I do not agree to filling an order if I cannot afford to purchase the materials to make the calls.
2.) You should save your money to purchase and accumulate material for orders.
3.) As you fill orders reinvest your profits into purchasing material for future orders.
4.) Always approach this with a business perspective even if you are just starting out, keep track of your profit and expenses to have a good understanding if your business will be profitable.
5.) Work hard for what you have and you will appreciate your accomplishments in life.
6.) Nothing in life is free, and respect is earned not a privilege.

If you are interested in the Black Pearl send me a PM with your Address and length of acrylic you need and I will send it to you.

Also, as said above, please properly introduce yourself.
Robert A.

Triple Shot Game Calls
http://www.tripleshotgamecalls.com/
If you don't take a chance you will never get a chance!!!

Barry @ WildThings

« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2013, 08:26:51 PM »
Wow Robert that is a great offer and very sound advice. Let's see what he does!

Offline jcz

• New Forum Member
  • You want some??
    • Trophygamecalls
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2013, 08:52:29 PM »
Asking to trade materials would be much better accepted also. To be sure you have something you could offer to anyone willing to help you out.

Robert my friend, you are a class act.
August Call Makers Throwdown Winner
http://www.trophygamecalls.embarqspace.com/

ben

« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2013, 09:03:54 PM »
I agree to what Robert posted and yes Robert is a class act, so treat it as such.

I replied to a very similar request to this and sent the guy some material and a duck call to get him started and never heard from him again, so if Robert sends you material post up a picture of the call with a thank you.

ben
« Last Edit: May 01, 2013, 09:05:25 PM by ben »

Offline jawaterfowl

• New Forum Member
  • Jonathan Arp
« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2013, 09:24:12 PM »
al yes i am new still working out the bugs at first i didnt see my first thread after the first few comments .. this technology stuff is tough work .. but thank you for the warning   and i understand that now but to be honest im only a kid  ... i don want any confrontation i was just trying to look for a way to fill out orders .

THIS IS YOUR INTRODUCTION??????

Al just gave you a whole list of advice and that is your response. 

GEEEES   Am I missing something????

Here to simplify it just fill in the blanks:

Hello my name is ________ and I am from ____________, I have been making calls for ________(length of time).  __________________(any other info you would like to share).  I apologize for the way I started off.   I am learning a lot from this forum.  I recently goofed up and took an order that I do not have material for and now realize that I cannot get it from Lowe's.  If anyone could PLEASE spare about ____" (length) of black acrylic I would appreciate it.  I am on a really tight budget but would be willing to do this _____________ in return as I realize now that acrylic is not cheap much less free.  THANKS so much!!

Jonathan Arp

Offline Tobin at Copeland Duck Calls

• New Forum Member
  • Copeland Duck Calls
« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2013, 09:37:06 PM »
......... So how old are you .....exactly?

T
"The only place that success comes before work is in the dictionary" -VL

• New Forum Member
« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2013, 09:43:59 PM »
i am exactly 16 years of age i dont like to give away much personal info.. i hope thats understandable