Author Topic: Cold Molding  (Read 8740 times)

Offline Short on Cache

• New Forum Member
Cold Molding
« on: March 27, 2013, 02:12:37 PM »
Does anyone have any experience with this process that I could ask some questions?
People sleep peacably in their beds at noght only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf-George Orwell

Offline Bob from Eames Custom Calls

• Global Mentor & Moderator
  • New Forum Member
  • Eames Custom Calls
Re: Cold Molding
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2013, 02:41:03 PM »
There's a small tutorial I put up a couple of weekes ago. Look down a couple of posts, and if ya have any questions Holler at me. Marving (dogcatcher) and Curtis (Turntex) both have way more knowledge about pouring parts than I do, so they would also be great sources of information.

Good Luck!

Bob
My biggest fear is that I'll die and my wife will sell my callmaking supplies for what I told her they cost.....

Offline Short on Cache

• New Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2013, 10:04:15 AM »
The tutorial was very informative! I cant wait to see part 2. Is there a company that you guys know of that will make molds for you?
People sleep peacably in their beds at noght only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf-George Orwell

Offline Bob from Eames Custom Calls

• Global Mentor & Moderator
  • New Forum Member
  • Eames Custom Calls
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2013, 10:41:01 AM »
I've not used this guy, or seen any of his work, but it was mentioned in post 8 of this thread...

http://thogamecallsforums.com/index.php/topic,15521.0.html

Bob
My biggest fear is that I'll die and my wife will sell my callmaking supplies for what I told her they cost.....

Offline Brian at DDT Game Calls

• New Forum Member
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2013, 11:29:22 AM »
I can....tell you what not to do!!  :turned:

Offline Short on Cache

• New Forum Member
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2013, 12:39:47 PM »
Im all ears Brian!

• New Forum Member
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2013, 01:32:05 PM »
don't use a vacuum chamber to pull air out of the resin unless it is very slow setting, i have made inserts that look like styrofoam haha

Offline Short on Cache

• New Forum Member
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2013, 11:34:35 AM »
Thats a good peice of info! haha Does anyone make professional molds?

• New Forum Member
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2013, 11:53:21 AM »
you want a metal one? I made one using alumilite silicone, just playin around and poured several inserts using alumilite, had to clean the exhaust end and drill a little ways to meet the already opened up tone channel and seems to be pretty good, still need tweeking and not pulling a vacuum to get the bubles out(poured black and white) just gonnagive these away to get a feel out of them