Author Topic: I want to make a goose call  (Read 8273 times)

Brad Robinson

Re: I want to make a goose call
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2013, 03:37:41 PM »
Sounds like you did well then!  Short reeds require back pressure from the user's hands to do good work.  Its just the nature of the call. 

Looks good from my house!

Vince
I was very impressed with how easy it is to use this call. Like i said this call does not require any hand control to obtain the 2 notes but it definately does help with making some more involved goose noises. It was my first prototype, i didnt spend any time on finishing, i was just shooting for sound.No way would I have been able to accomplish this without the detail help that i got. I have two calls in the works that i will be focusing  on both  looks and sound. Coming soon.

Brad Robinson

« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2013, 08:44:36 AM »

so here is the final product. this call is bored at 5/8-7/8s its  easy  to play. I just got my bad grammar dvd last nite and noticed that Scotts calls all have the same bore dimensions throughout the call. I think  i will  give that a try  tonight 

Offline Chris @ STW Outdoors

• New Forum Member
« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2013, 10:38:17 AM »
Very good start Brad. The first picture probably sounds good on the two notes because of your insert length. With it being as long as it is, it will create the required back pressure, hands free. As you shorten your insert, you will find that the call will be more responsive and require more hand manipulation to make sounds. Keep it up.
Chris Wright