Author Topic: Uploading photos and posting pictures using an iPhone  (Read 7369 times)

Offline BigB

• THO Game Calls Forum Manager
  • Administrator
  • New Forum Member
    • Byers Custom Calls THO gallery
Uploading photos and posting pictures using an iPhone
« on: February 09, 2013, 02:18:55 PM »
Here's a little tutorial on uploading a picture to photobucket, then pasting it into the forum from my iPhone.  For the Droid users, I am not sure how similar this will be on that platform of phone.

First step is to make sure you have the app installed on your phone.  Click on the icon for photobucket, to activate photobucket  (in the green circle):

Photobucket mobile will launch.  Now we will upload a picture we have taken with our phone.  Click on Upload Media (circled in green)

Next we select "Choose Existing" to select a photo that is stored in our phone

The next screen will be your photo albums.  Click on one of the photos in your photo album to upload that picture to photobucket.

Once the picture is selected, you will get a screen similar to this showing that it is in the process of uploading that picture

To view the picture that was uploaded, click on the "My Albums" at the bottom of the screen.  All of the photos that you have uploaded are on this screen.  Select the picture that you want to put on the forum.

Once that picture has been selected, it will come up full size. 

At the bottom right of the screen, there is the "i" icon for information.  Select the "i" button

The URL codes for that picture are now displayed.  Select the bottom one in the list (the IMG code) if you want to post that picture on the forum.

Once it is selected, you will get a notice saying that the IMG code was copied.

Only thing left to do now is paste that code in the forum, and when you make the post, the image will be displayed.

Brian
You won't get money rich in this hobby.  The richness is in the culture, the craft, the friends you meet along the way, and being able to call in a wary game animal with a call that you made with your own hands.

Offline Lon @ First Flight Game Calls

• New Forum Member
  • love that quack whackin'
Re: Uploading photos and posting pictures using an iPhone
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2013, 05:36:43 PM »
Great tutorial. Thanks Brian.

Lon
Government can't solve the problem...Government is the problem. Reagan

Good work ain't cheap and cheap work ain't good!

Offline John at Finish'em Custom Calls

• New Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2013, 03:07:52 PM »
Hey Brian what size do you have your pictures set at in photo bucket my take up the whole screen when I post.
                      Thanks John

Offline BigB

• THO Game Calls Forum Manager
  • Administrator
  • New Forum Member
    • Byers Custom Calls THO gallery
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2013, 03:19:35 PM »

I have no idea John. I didn't adjust anything. Just used the defaults.

Brian
You won't get money rich in this hobby.  The richness is in the culture, the craft, the friends you meet along the way, and being able to call in a wary game animal with a call that you made with your own hands.

Offline Jon @ JRwoods

• New Forum Member
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2013, 11:14:35 PM »
For Android users the process is basically the same. 
When you select your picture, hit the menu button, the "i" will come up and will say view links.  Then it will show you the different link codes.  The one at the bottom is the img code.
Formerly Highlooker.
"It could probably be shown by facts and figures that there is no distinctly native criminal class except congress."~Mark Twain

Offline John at Finish'em Custom Calls

• New Forum Member
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2013, 11:58:34 PM »
I figured it out I tried every size it had. Process of elimation worked. It's easy to upload photo now. Thanks Brian.