Author Topic: If you haven't considered it...  (Read 6802 times)

Barry @ WildThings

Re: If you haven't considered it...
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2013, 06:09:04 PM »
I've been holding off hoping things would fall into place but alas it's not to be. Works going to get in the way this year to keep me from coming. Dagnabbit it looks like it's going to be a hoot!! Have fun fellas

Barry

Offline Aaron at Wingerts Woodworks

• Global Mentor & Moderator
  • New Forum Member
    • Wingert's Woodworks
« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2013, 07:45:03 PM »
Wish I could go. Would love to learn from some of you master call makers. Unfortunately I will be here making calls and trying to get caught up. I will be donating a box of goodies for you guys to mess with. Those who can make it, take advantage of this opportunity to learn and meet new friends that all have a common interest.

Thanks for donating some stuff Doug, that's very cool of you.  Wish you could make it but I totally understand being behind and needing to get caught up!!!

Offline River Mallard

• New Forum Member
« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2013, 09:01:09 PM »
No problem helping out. You always send me some business and this way I can send out some stuff that somebody can use that I have just laying around. Wish I could get caught up, been going 7 days a week, 12+ hrs a day gets old. Only been doing that for months now :stickman1: :stickman1: The fun of being self employed

Offline VECtor Calls

• New Forum Member
  • VECtor Custom Calls
    • VECtor Custom Calls
« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2013, 10:16:35 PM »
No problem helping out. You always send me some business and this way I can send out some stuff that somebody can use that I have just laying around. Wish I could get caught up, been going 7 days a week, 12+ hrs a day gets old. Only been doing that for months now :stickman1: :stickman1: The fun of being self employed

Every friend I have that is self employed and is good as what they do, is ALWAYS SWAMPED with work.  I think I'll try my best to just keep my lame paying job and get my vacation time.

Thanks again for the donation Doug.  I really appreciate it!

Vince
Pass on the tradition. A candle loses nothing by lighting another candle.

VECtor Custom Calls
Deer Grunt Calls Turkey Calls and Other Custom Game Calls

birddog1

« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2013, 05:55:10 AM »
Aaron I Have considered it time and time again , because I still need a whole bunch of learning ,but I am laid off right now and the bank account is not big enough for the trip from MASS. I would like to THANK YOU for the invite  . I will just have  to kept my eyes open for pic and info to be posted after thon

Dennis

Offline Chris @ ATF Custom Calls

• New Forum Member
« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2013, 08:58:25 AM »
I'll have to wait and try to make it next year, there's just too much going on right now. I'd really like to come up and meet and learn from you guys, I know I could really use the experience!
Chris Richardson
All Things Fowl

Offline Uncle Clay

• New Forum Member
« Reply #21 on: January 15, 2013, 10:52:30 AM »
Hi Aaron, I wish that I could be there because I still have LOTS to learn. Many thanks to all of those who have helped me on here  :bow:
Is this the ony turn-a-thon of the year? Are there others in different locations?
Thanks Friend,
Clay
"Stumbling block or stepping stone, The choice is yours"

Offline Aaron at Wingerts Woodworks

• New Forum Member
    • Wingert's Woodworks
« Reply #22 on: January 15, 2013, 07:33:26 PM »
Clay this is the only one thus far, but that's not to say that others can't or won't get together.  For example, Larry @ Prairie Game Calls had a bunch of guys over to his place one weekend for a box call making instructional event.  The one at my place is just centrally located and within a few hours' drive of a lot of folks.  But even if two callmakers get together for a shop day it is pretty helpful, as you'll still see other ways to do things and will find ways to apply them to your callmaking. 

Guys I am going to work very hard to get a lot of video this year.  I've said that in years past and failed in a couple different ways.  But this year I have an iPhone and by golly I know how to use it.  Going to try to get a lot of footage and hopefully video of a tutorial or two.  Will get some stuff loaded on my youtube page and will post links. 

And of course we'll most certainly take a lot of pics.  I wish we could get everyone on here together, and appreciate ya'lls thanks. 

Offline Longntooth

• New Forum Member
« Reply #23 on: January 15, 2013, 07:48:51 PM »
My truck is headin south after the Turn-a-Thon for a little green timber Mallard hunting around  Clarendon, and Holly Grove now that there's a little water in the creek.
Take your kids hunting, instead of hunting for your kids