Author Topic: Bear Call ???  (Read 2851 times)

Offline Duck1968

• New Forum Member
Bear Call ???
« on: March 15, 2008, 12:39:41 AM »
I saw this bear call on an online video and was wondering if you guys think it could be made by modifying a deer grunt kit. ??? This call has a duel reed that makes one sound by exhaling and another by inhaling. I know with a grunt kit I would only get one tone but I thought I could make 2 calls one male and one female.
Here’s a link that shows the call
http://bear-hunting.com/store.cfm?Action=Product&CategoryID=4&ProductID=70

Here’s a link to the video I saw the call being used in.
http://www.traditionalbowhuntersjournal.com/video.html

Thanks Brian

Offline Al_at_THO Game Calls

• Owner, THO Game Calls Forums & Store
  • Administrator
  • New Forum Member
Re: Bear Call ???
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2008, 11:52:28 PM »
I am looking into making some bear calls for the fall, and the woodswise calls are on my list to buy along with several others.  I'll have to listen to the sound file when I am in the shop tomorrow as everyone here is asleep right now but I am sure it can be done. 

Going to be interesting anyway.  I would love to call one with a call I made.

AL @ THO

Offline Duck1968

• New Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2008, 08:45:58 PM »
I think I'll order one and see how it works from what I heard on the video it sounds simular to a deer grunt. I was impressed when he called the bear back after putting an arrow through it's neck.

Brian

Offline John_NY

• New Forum Member
  • I carry a gun cause a cop is too heavy
    • J.B. Calls
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2008, 02:05:17 PM »
I just bought a bear cub in distress call and it locks up alot. i took it apart and the reed is twice as long as the soundboard. I don't see any way for this call to ever work properly. Maybe a new thinner reed would help it. I think I'll tear it apart and try different reeds. I like the sound from it but the locking up is not going to cut it in a huunting situation.
John_NY
Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you.

JB Custom Calls