The Art of Handcrafting Custom Game Calls > Handcrafting Custom Lanyards

Grunt lanyards

(1/4) > >>

Mike Perkins:
Can some of you post pics of your handmade grunt call lanyards?

Thanks all.

Mike    :san4:

Brian at DDT Game Calls:
I just use Al's but would like to see some homemade one too!!

woodwzrd:
Here are some lanyards that I have done. There single and multi drop lanyards all made out of 550 para cord. The pics aren't that great but you get the idea.

VECtor Calls:
As a hunting incident investigator, I've got to think about and see some pretty ugly and stupid things happening in the deer woods.

With that said, work through this one with me.......

If a deer hunter is 20 feet up in a tree, and due to their mistake of not checking their stand, not wearing a harness, etc, they fall.......you do not want them to be wearing a braided 550 cord lanyard around their neck that does not have a break-away on it that has an opportunity to catch a limb.

I love my Ozark Mountain Lanyards for duck hunting, predator hunting, etc, but you will not see me wearing 550 around my neck when I'm in a treestand.

I know I am being overly cautious, but more people are getting in a treestand every year due to the increasing popularity of bowhunting, and therefore, the number of treestand falls (very few are actually reported compared to what happen) goes up every year.

I would personally compare this to making a custom gobble call for turkey hunting customers.  It is just a bad idea. 

If you're going to make them out of 550 for deer hunters, put a plastic break-away in the design.

Vince

VECtor Calls:
Just to emphasize that you can't control the actions of others.......in 2011, I had two completely different customers try to shoot their bow at a buck while their full-size deer grunter was still on the lanyard, and in their mouth.  I'll let you picture how that went.  :D

Vince

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version