Author Topic: Some happy shooters.  (Read 1265 times)

Offline Jon @ JRwoods

• THO Recommended Advertiser
  • Custom Call Maker
Some happy shooters.
« on: December 04, 2012, 08:49:01 PM »
My two nieces were over a few days ago.  We started shooting this fall, now all I hear is "We want to shoot the rifle!"  Shooting, 22 subsonic.  The little savage bolt action is just the ticket.  Set up some over ripe pears at 50 yards.  They're pretty good at making pear sauce!

Formerly Highlooker.
"It could probably be shown by facts and figures that there is no distinctly native criminal class except congress."~Mark Twain

Offline Crawdad

• Custom Call Maker
Re: Some happy shooters.
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2012, 12:51:12 PM »
Looks like there having a blast Jon, it's good that you are taking the time to spend with them. I love pear perserves.

Offline Jon @ JRwoods

• THO Recommended Advertiser
  • Custom Call Maker
Re: Some happy shooters.
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2012, 07:44:22 PM »
I didn't think about eyes until after I posted the pics.  You are right, they should have them on.  The cheapy shop glasses I have laying around would be to big on them.  I know they sell kid sizes, I think I saw them at cabelas.  I will have to make them a little kit with their names on it for Christmas! 
Hope to someday run a suppressor on it, ears are optional then.  Tried it out with a friends, it sounds like a dry fire, but you hear the bullet smack the target! 
Formerly Highlooker.
"It could probably be shown by facts and figures that there is no distinctly native criminal class except congress."~Mark Twain