Author Topic: New addition to the shop  (Read 2353 times)

Offline Walls Calls

• New Forum Member
New addition to the shop
« on: November 05, 2008, 11:50:01 PM »
I finally found a dust collector for a good deal and pulled the trigger and bought it. I do have to go and pick it up still but I can't wait to have it working in the shop. Anyone have any good tips for running pipes and blast gates?  I have some ideas but I afraid of forgetting something.

Thanks CW

Offline Braz

• THO Game Calls Asst Forum Manager
  • Administrator
  • New Forum Member
    • Calls by Braz
Re: New addition to the shop
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2008, 12:19:22 AM »
Man, that is a nice looking setup. I sure wish I had room for something like that, but that darn thing would fill about 30% of my shop by itself.  :(
Braz
"Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress.. But I repeat myself."--Mark Twain

“Witnessing the Republicans and the Democrats bicker over the U.S. debt is like watching two drunks argue over a bar bill on the Titanic.”

Offline Al_at_THO Game Calls

• Owner, THO Game Calls Forums & Store
  • Administrator
  • New Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2008, 12:28:16 AM »
Nice grab.   that one looks like it will do a one heck of a job.   

Al @ THO

Offline Waccamaw Calls

• New Forum Member
    • Waccamaw Calls  Do It All !!
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2008, 03:17:04 AM »
nice.
the best thing I did was to plumb the shop @ my lathe and put the collector outside the wall. Then built a cover over it.
Still a lot of noise, but liveable. I aalso like the duct from Penn-State, clear plastic, mounts behind the work on the lathe.
Bill
friends don't let friends CNC ... IN GOD WE TRUST

Offline Walls Calls

• New Forum Member
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2008, 09:07:03 PM »
Bill I was thinking about doing that also.  I have some tin from when we built the shed and could put a lean to on the back side of it.  I thought that maybe I could put some shelves in it, and use it for wood storage also.  The only thing that I am worried about is if my infloor heat would keep up with 1200 cf per min of air being sucked out of the shed. At that rate the air would turn over once every 10 min.

I had seen this dust collector a while ago on Craigs list. I thought he sold it, but he had pulled it off of there and listed it in Ebay.  Lets just say I got it for less than half what he wanted on CL and even that price was a good deal.

CW

Offline Waccamaw Calls

• New Forum Member
    • Waccamaw Calls  Do It All !!
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2008, 09:39:22 PM »
the collector seperator will replace the air if you put a baffled return. Just close in the lean -to.
I have my collector and air compressor in mine. I also have it in front the fromt of the shop and built from cedar panels.
friends don't let friends CNC ... IN GOD WE TRUST