Author Topic: Another crow/owl call  (Read 3097 times)

Bucko

Another crow/owl call
« on: March 03, 2008, 06:29:48 PM »
  Remember my post on the green butternut wood?The top right owl call is made from that butternut,seems it came out fine.The other owl and crow call is made from the wood I had in my shed and glued together,it's cherry,walnut and a white mystery wood that I traded for a box call to a guy in michigan that had a sawmill for.Seems that from the contour of my calls peppermills are in my future.Notice the base on the owl call,it's a 1"copper pipe cap that I drilled the hole in the bottom to create the backpressure and hide the 2 piece joint.The glueing came out well and I am pleased.The white always gives me trouble photoing as it's actually a lil on the buff shade of tone.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2008, 07:27:06 PM by Bucko »

Offline Al_at_THO Game Calls

• Owner, THO Game Calls Forums & Store
  • Administrator
  • New Forum Member
Re: Another crow/owl call
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2008, 07:56:28 PM »
That's a very cool idea on the owl call!   I like that one a lot.  The color choices of the wood really make the call stand out.  Very nice.

You guys make some amazing calls, and the inovation is always right up there.   Nice idea on the owl call again.

AL @ THO

Offline Troy of Run -N- Gun Game Calls

• New Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2008, 07:59:59 PM »
Very cool,the wood colors go together nice. I also like the owl call.I also like the back ground setup.

Offline HaMeR

• New Forum Member
    • brightwoodturnings
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2008, 09:05:25 AM »
Very nice calls. I really like the glue up tho!!  8)
RIP Russ,Blaine,& Darrell!!

Glen

2014-15TBC-- 11

Offline Braz

• THO Game Calls Asst Forum Manager
  • Administrator
  • New Forum Member
    • Calls by Braz
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2008, 06:59:19 PM »
Those are really nice. I like the shape and the glue ups look really good.
Braz
"Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress.. But I repeat myself."--Mark Twain

“Witnessing the Republicans and the Democrats bicker over the U.S. debt is like watching two drunks argue over a bar bill on the Titanic.”